Anyone with extremity pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with extremity pain

Danielle is 5 weeks post op and has been having problems with hand and foot pain. The first was her right hand very sensitive and sore to the touch no discoloration. Then Christmas day her left foot started to hurt really bad and very sensitive to the touch. With the holidays I have not been able to talk to surgeon. I am going to try to get intouch with him tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. My thoughts are nerve pain from the nerves healing?
    Last edited by gillespie; 12-28-2008, 09:18 PM.
    Catherine
    Mom of 14 year old Danielle
    T45 degree curve Feb 2008
    T47 degree curve May 2008
    T50 degree curve Sept 2008
    Surgery Nov 24th 2008
    Ontario, Canada

Hi Catherine,
    I do believe it is nerve pain from the nerves regenerating. I am a year post op and I still get pain in mostly my right ankle and foot, but occasionally in my left foot. My Doctor tells me it is the nerves regenerating. I am on 900 mg gabapentin for the pain and it works quite well as long as I remember to take it.
    I hope that Danielle will get some relief from the pain soon. Being young, maybe her nerves will regenerate faster than mine. Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

We seen the surgeon today and yes it is nerve regeneration and he put her on the same meds. How long have you been on them. She will start them tonight hope it works a little sleep would be good. The pain in her foot has been keeping us both up, I think a big part of the problem was she was so worried that something really bad was wrong. Sometimes know its serious from a Dr makes a difference.
      Catherine
      Mom of 14 year old Danielle
      T45 degree curve Feb 2008
      T47 degree curve May 2008
      T50 degree curve Sept 2008
      Surgery Nov 24th 2008
      Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hi Catherine,

I have been on gabapentin since three months post op, soon after I was off the oxycodone. I guess the oxycodone was masking the nerve pain. I hope the gabapentin works as good for Danielle as it does for me. It does help me to sleep soundly and hard to wake up in the morning.
        Sally
        Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
        Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
        Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
        Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
        New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
        Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
        X