PDA

View Full Version : burning sensation on thigh/butt area

LynnMarie74
12-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Hope everyone had a great christmas!! Mine ended earlier than usual due to a over tired and injured 3 yr old...which leaves me at home, online!!

The only reason that made me post this is the fact that it just happened a few mins ago, while I was sitting her typing. Does anyone every have or experiance a burning sensation on their skin at all? Its very odd and very uncomfortable. I get it only on one spot when Im sitting to long or move forward in a sitting position. Its almost feels as if Im being burned. I have to stand up and rub my thigh until the feeling passes, which usually lasts 2-5 mins.I started having this feeling about 2 yrs ago & am just assuming it has something to do w/my scoli in some way shape or form. Anyone else have issues like this? Let me know.......I metioned it to my surgeon when I 1st met him, but he never really comment on it.....

debbei
12-26-2008, 08:45 AM
Sounds like it might be nerve pain. I had a hard-to-describe burning/itching/hurting feeling in my inner thigh before surgery that is all gone now and I was told it was nerves. I'd be curious to see what your surgeon says about it.

LynnMarie74
12-26-2008, 11:26 PM
I will be sure to write that down on my list of questions for Dr Tribus & I will be sure to let you know what he says.....Hope all is well and you are still recovering nicely!! Take care

augemac
12-29-2008, 10:44 AM
I understand the burning pain. I get my burning pain around my neck, shoulders area and is intense!! Feels like more an acid burning pain. I usually have to lay down quickly to relieve the pain.

LynnMarie74
12-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Do we know if this has anything to do w/our Scoliosis, or are we all just sharing this weird sensation? Coincidence? I think not! lol Kidding....

debbei
12-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Lynn,

For me, there was some compression of the nerves around L3 or so, and during surgery the doctor did something to give the nerves more room. I don't remember the exact medical term to this, but that's what happened. I guess each person may get this nerve compression at different points of their spine, and that's why some have the pain/burning down the front of the leg, down the back, in the arms, hands, etc.

LynnMarie74
12-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Lynn,

For me, there was some compression of the nerves around L3 or so, and during surgery the doctor did something to give the nerves more room. I don't remember the exact medical term to this, but that's what happened. I guess each person may get this nerve compression at different points of their spine, and that's why some have the pain/burning down the front of the leg, down the back, in the arms, hands, etc.

Makes sense....I really hoping after surgery I wont have this issue anymore...its really bother some and painful, or better said "intense". Ahhh the joys of a crooked spine.....:rolleyes:

debbei
12-29-2008, 10:20 PM
Lynn,

Make sure that your surgeon knows about these symptoms before surgery so that he can fix them.

LynnMarie74
12-30-2008, 11:55 AM
I will be sure to remind him....I think I mentioned it at my consulation.....I dont know...maybe not....I have so many doctors, I forget who's who anymore! Happy New Years!! I plan on havin' a blast.......