Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back from Egypt

Hiya everyone well I am now nearly 7 months post op
    Egypt was great and No i dint set any alaims off allthough I got stopped coming back and asked why I was holding my stomach lol but everything was fine they are lovely people over there and at this airport they spoke english kind of.

It was lovely there and even the egyptians where saying it was hotter then they expect at xmas so we where lucky
    I made around 4 Boy friends lol well they where flirting with every young girl but one of them kissed my stmach when I was lying on the sunbed.

I will post some pics later as I am still upoading them and sorting the nice ones (Which aint many).

Anyway I had no pain at all and I was fine got pain back now though so i think it is the cold weather I will have to move somewhere hot it is no good in england for me...

Angela
    xx
    Angela, 25 England.
    75 curve top of spine, and getting worse slowly.
    Surgery on 21st May 2008. T3-L4
    Op went well 20ish degree curve now.
    May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

Hi Angela
    so glad to hear you had a great holiday - that sunny warm weather sure sounds nice! Also, glad to hear that you went through airport with no problems. Look forward to seeing a few piccies when you've sorted some!
    Hope you have a great Christmas.
    Take Care
    Louisse
    Diagnosed aged 17 thoracic curve of 40°/48? given brace worn for short time but was then told that I had stopped growing and it wasn’t likely to get worse. Follow ups ‘got lost in the system’ and I chose to ignore until age approx 33, after two children. Now nearly 42yrs curve was progressing (last xrays 67 degrees) and increasing 'backache' so surgery (posterior T3 - L1) went ahead beginning of September 2008 in UK - thoracic curve now approx 20° and I look a lot straighter!

Comment

Hi Angela,
      You are right about cold weather causing pain. I'm so glad you had a nice vacation in Egypt where it was warm. Did anyone offer your father any camels in exchange for you? I've heard this is what some Egyptian men do. Looking forward to seeing your pictures. Sally
      Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
      Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
      Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
      Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
      New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
      Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Hi let me know if this has worked these are the first 2 pics this was our waiter Moheb

Angela
        Angela, 25 England.
        75 curve top of spine, and getting worse slowly.
        Surgery on 21st May 2008. T3-L4
        Op went well 20ish degree curve now.
        May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

Comment

Angela,

Welcome back. I'm glad you had a good time. You are just adorable!!

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
          Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
          Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
          Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
          Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Working...
          X