we're on our way...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we're on our way...

well, it's 5:12am. Jesse's in the shower, I'm brewing tea. We're leaving here in 20 min. It's been strangely calm! I'll update in a few hours.
    Bethany

All my best to you, Bethany and son, Jesse for a very successful surgery.
    Will be thinking of you both today-Lynne

Comment

Yes-- you both will be in my thoughts and prayers today. I'll be looking forward to that post from you when I get home from school. Hugs, Susie
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Good Luck Bethany!
        Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
        Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Best wishes coming your way! I also had that strange sense of calm after months of anxiety, keep us posted.

Comment

Good luck. Our prayers are with you today. I am sure everything will be great. I was also very calm the day of surgery. God bless you, Jesse and your family
            Catherine
            Mom of 14 year old Danielle
            T45 degree curve Feb 2008
            T47 degree curve May 2008
            T50 degree curve Sept 2008
            Surgery Nov 24th 2008
            Ontario, Canada

Comment

waiting...

Well, they wheeled Jesse away just after 7:30. We've gotten a few updates that things are going well; vitals look good. Last we heard at 12:15 was they were still working with the screws.
              I'll post more later.
              Bethany

Comment

Ahh Bethany, thanks for the update, My thoughts are with you and Jesse. Be kind to yourself.

Jen
                Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Jesse is in IUC right now. In a bit of pain, some nausea, but still coming in and out of it. He's a little grumpy and he's mocking me. Typical teenager!
                  Doctor was concerned about the amount of bleeding and wants him to follow up with a hematologist when he's healed and feeling better.
                  Bethany

Comment

Glad to hear he's out of surgery. The first time I talked to my daughter in recovery, she made a joke, which made me cry even more but it was such a huge relief to see her. I was able to spend the night with her in ICU which probably wasn't necessary because the nurses were on top of everything in ICU.

Be prepared for some fever, low O2 levels and fluctuations in blood pressure, that all happened during the first 48 hours and is normal for this surgery.

Take care.

Comment

Out of surgery!

That's great, Bethany.

Onward and upward.

sharon
                      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
                      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

I'm glad the surgery's over. I hope he has a speedy recovery.
                        Laurie

Mother of Alexander & Zachary:
                        Alex is 16 years old and in the 11th grade. He has congenital scoliosis due to a hemivertebrae at T10. Wore a TLSO brace for 3 1/2 years. Pre-op curves were T45 & L65; curves post-op are approx. T31 & L34. Had a posterior spinal fusion from T8 to L3 on 7/12/07 at age 12. Doing great now in so many ways, but still working on improving posture.
                        Zach is 13 years old and very energetic.

Comment

Originally posted by babachi View Post
                          Jesse is in IUC right now. In a bit of pain, some nausea, but still coming in and out of it. He's a little grumpy and he's mocking me. Typical teenager!
                          Doctor was concerned about the amount of bleeding and wants him to follow up with a hematologist when he's healed and feeling better.
                          Bethany
                          Hi, Bethany. I'm reading this kind of late as it looks like your son is out of surgery. I'm so happy for you that things went well.

Take care of yourself, too, and keep us posted!

Marian

Comment

Bethany--

Our internet has been down for the last 5 days, but I've been thinking of you and Jesse. I'm looking forward to hearing more about his recovery. Glad he's out of surgery!

Mary Ellen

P.S. I second what Sherie mentioned about fever, O2 levels, etc. also, along with other swelling, genital swelling is also normal. This can be disconcerting in boys--but it goes away (takes a little longer than facial swelling, though).
                            Last edited by WNCmom; 12-17-2008, 12:04 PM. Reason: adding info

Comment

Working...
                            X