PDA

View Full Version : January, February, March 2009 surgeries...

Susie*Bee
12-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Time to start our next bunch-- December is almost half over, and recently I've noticed a few people posting about upcoming surgeries in early 2009. If you are having surgery, it's good to post it on the official calendar site. Some of us like to see them all lumped together, so we've been doing a thread like this for awhile. Add your posts or send me a PM if you have surgery info.

If you need help using the calendar, I explained it in this post: If you still have questions, send me a PM.
http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showpost.php?p=58636&postcount=11

Post any other surgeries here, or PM me with the info.

JANUARY
14th - LynnMarie74 - A/P
20th - Peachy - A/P, T4 to S1 w/ Dr. Boachie @ HSS, New York City

FEBRUARY
5th - bbest (Brandi) - posterior fusion L2-L4, osteotomy @L3, and rod removal and reinstrumentation w/ Dr. Lauerman @ Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, DC.
10th - theizzard (Avis) - 1st of 2 part A/P surgeries, T3 or 4 - pelvis w/ Dr. Rand, Boston
10th - csbaby (Christy) - revision: hardware removal and replacement, T1-S1
18th - theizzard (Avis) - 2nd of 2 part A/P surgeries (see Feb. 10th)
24th - Brooklyn - revision: hardware removal w/Dr. Matt Cunningham @ HSS
26th - chello_ns - fusion surgery T4-L5, in Calgary, Alberta

MARCH
3rd - JenniferG - T5-S1 w/Dr. Askin @ Mater Private, Brisbane, Australia
9th - Beckymk's DD (age 14) - posterior, upper T - lower L @ Shriner's in Chicago
16th - nervous - T4-T12 w/ Dr. Hurford, Urbana, IL
16th - doodie (Julie) - posterior w/ Dr. Khaled Kabaish @Johns Hopkins Hospital at 7:30 (1st part of 2 (A/P) surgeries)
25th - jesscv - fusion surgery
25th - smollick- L4 L5 fused w/ instrumentation.
30th - Doodles (Janet) - posterior (hopefully just posterior) T3-pelvis w/ Dr. Lenke in St. Louis

JenniferG
12-12-2008, 04:25 PM
A cold shiver ran through me when I saw this...For a long time it's seemed a long way off, but now I'm in the next "bunch"!

My surgery, as per my signature, is March 10 in Brisbane Australia, same surgeon as Discombobulated. Looking forward to hearing her thoughts on Dr. Askin.

As terrified as I am about the surgery, I really just want it over now. I think I can cope with whatever recovery throws at me, (she says with crossed fingers) but the surgery I am scared ridgid about and just want it over.

Susie*Bee
12-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Welcome to the next "batch"-- I know how hard this waiting is-- been there, done that. But you've been doing so well with all your posts, so you've got a good start. Enjoy your next few months, and before you know it you'll be on the "other side", joining the ranks of so many of us post-op scolis. ;)

JenniferG
12-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Thanks Susie, I can't wait to be on the other side.

Being on this forum, I've learned so much that I wouldn't have otherwise. I'm so grateful for the knowledge that's been passed on.

Susie*Bee
01-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Are there any other surgeries coming up??? Is LynnMarie the only January one? I went to the official calendar and it doesn't show anyone.

LynnMarie-- I'm sure thinking of you as your date approaches. You'll be on the other side before you know it! I'll be praying for you.

LynnMarie74
01-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Are there any other surgeries coming up??? Is LynnMarie the only January one? I went to the official calendar and it doesn't show anyone.

LynnMarie-- I'm sure thinking of you as your date approaches. You'll be on the other side before you know it! I'll be praying for you.

Susie*Bee---thanks for the kind words & prayers.....I need them! Ive been having a hard time these last few days...crying....thinking the worse. I guess Im glass is 1/2 empty type of girl. Im trying to stay postive & enjoy these last few days with my kids, having fun etc...but I always end up thinking about the dumb surgery! lol Again, thanks for the caring words!

Susie*Bee
01-04-2009, 12:33 PM
LM-- Almost everyone goes through the emotional quagmire prior to surgery... so I hope you realize you're not alone in looking at the glass half full. There's a fine line between knowing what CAN happen (which I consider being informed) and getting stuck there and unable to get back out from that gloom and doom. I certainly had my papers and all "in order", wrote letters to my grown kids, said good-bye to my hubby as they wheeled me off, etc., before my surgery. However, I also had complete trust and peace that regardless of the outcome, all would be ok, as the Lord is in charge. Still, that doesn't erase those possibilities... and that can cause some sadness if we dwell there for very long. No point in going there if you can help it. ;) Be prepared and knowledgeable, but hope for the best. As you progress post-op, be patient with yourself and be happy with all the little victories and milestones you reach.

You are going to be walloped by the surgery, so live life to its fullest right now. Enjoy your family to the max and look forward to that new, stronger and straighter mother and wife you will be after your recovery. Children are resilient and they will adjust after a bit to your post-op limitations and weaker self, but they may not at first. Don't try to do more than your doctor or common sense dictate when you get home. Look forward to lots of special quiet times sharing books and movies and maybe playing card and board games (short ones!) after you feel up to it. You'll get your life back after awhile, and you'll be so much stronger for the journey you'll have traveled, both mentally and emotionally. You'll do great!

LynnMarie74
01-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Thanks Susie! I appreciate it! Going to go play the Wii with my 4 year old now! He always wins!! Grrr! lol

discombobulated
01-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Lynn-Marie,

Pre-op is most definitely a rollercoaster - & it is so easy to get caught up in the "worst case scenario" thoughts. Heck, what am I saying? - it's hard not to get caught up in the Scary Stuff! But, I really hope you're able to enjoy some quality time with your family & having fun before surgery - it does wonders for keeping your mind off the worries & building a more positive frame of mind.

Like everyone here, I'll be thinking much of you on the day of your surgery, & wishing you the very, very best outcome & smooth recovery.

I'll look forward to reading about your progress on "the recovery side", once you're feeling up to it :)

Take care. And enjoy that Wii - they always sound like great fun :D

Nancy Joy
01-07-2009, 12:20 AM
wow- the next batch- that does have a "ring" to it. Susie- It is so wonderful you keep us updated on this. Lynn- you will be in special prayer leading up to and including your surgery date (and after!). The last few days are absolutely so hard emotionally but you will get thru them. Susie's advice (as always) is great- use your common sense on getting things in order and then you can relax and count on waking up here yet! It sure helped me knowing "either way" I had done what I could.
Jennifer- I spent last summer knowing from June to Oct. I would have the surgery. I chose October for a reason. I wanted to enjoy every bit of summer that I could. We love the lake and though my husband is self employed and works long hours, we bought a motor home, boat and jet ski and spent as much time as possible at the lake. During my surgeries and recovery I have often thought of the special times we had and was so glad we did what we did (he sold them all while I was having surgeries- little nervous about the economy- just an aside!) Any way- the point is to cherish the time you have and remember why you are having the surgery (mine was pain with no hope of improvement- only down hill). You will make it thru!

JenniferG
01-07-2009, 03:03 AM
Thanks Nancy. I am grateful for every understanding, kind word I receive.

Believe me, I have a new appreciation for every single day. My partner has planned a two week holiday mid Feb in a Southern State. It will be cooler, and we are taking our kayak and intend getting on the water every chance we get, something we both love. We will also visit family while we are there, including my elder daughter, who I've seen very little of over recent years because of her travelling. So it will be nice, and it will be a distraction.

I've been following your and others' surgeries closely and have learned so much, which helps. It's the unknown that's scary. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

All the very best!

Peachy
01-11-2009, 09:20 PM
I'm scheduled for (gulp) January 20. I tried putting myself on the calendar a few weeks ago, but see it isn't there. I just re-posted, and it says I have to wait to be approved, so maybe it will "stick" this time.

My surgery will be A/P, T-4 to S-1 all in one day with Dr. Boachie.

Hubby and I leave for N.Y. Jan. 13, as I have the rest of the week filled with tests and other doctor visits for pre-op. After all my turmoil over pre-payments, and the fear that I might not be able to have the surgery now, or at all with this doctor, I have just been so relieved to now be able to go ahead, that I haven't yet reached that state of fear and panic that I kind of expected. Just as others, I don't know where I would be without the kind and caring people on this forum.

Peachy

JenniferG
01-11-2009, 11:48 PM
All the very best Peachy. I look forward to hearing you're doing great, after surgery. Is there someone who can place a post on the board to keep us up to date? (Though this is probably the last thing you're thinking about right now!)

Susie*Bee
01-12-2009, 05:22 AM
Yay, Peachy-- I'm excited for you that it's finally going to happen! And I'll echo Jennifer's question about whether you have a forum contact person. If you don't, then put me on the list of ones who can help. I'd be glad to-- although I work during the day. We are in the same time zone, so that helps. :) You're almost there! Hugs, Susie

debbei
01-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Susie & Jennifer,

I spoke to Peachy this morning and I will be her contact. I'm hoping to be able to meet up with them this week prior to the surgery too. :) The poor things are going to freeze in our frigid weather the end of this week.

Susie*Bee
01-12-2009, 03:19 PM
That sounds great, Debbe! You'd be the perfect one-- "been there, done that" type thing in the same area. Looking forward to hearing from you sometime hopefully on the 20th.

JenniferG
01-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Thanks Debbe and Susie!

bbest
01-13-2009, 08:20 AM
I am having a posterior fusion @ L2-L4, osteotomy @L3 and rod removal and reinstrumentation on February 5th, 2009 at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, DC by Dr. William Lauerman.

debbei
01-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Good luck Brandi!

discombobulated
01-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Brandi, your surgery plans sound a little like what I had done.

I know it's still a while off for you, but best of wishes with it all.

Be well.

bbest
01-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks!

Discombulated, I'd be interested in knowing what your experience was like. Did you post it on the forum? How long were you in the hospital? How does this recovery compare to that of your initial surgery?

Doodles
01-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Hi--I guess you can add me to the list. I've been reading the many helpful posts here for a few months and decided it was time to jump in. I will be having surgery T3-Pelvis with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis on March 30, 2008. Thanks for all the helpful information you all provide. Janet

Susie*Bee
01-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi Doodles/Janet! Welcome! Glad to have you as a poster now. I'll get you added to this right now. March will be here soon-- and with it, a little relief from this frigid weather some of us are having! Brrrrr! It's supposed to be something like -25º with the windchill factor tomorrow morning. :eek:

Nancy Joy
01-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Welcome Janet! Glad you joined us (well, wish you didn't have a reason too but.......) Welcome aboard!

JenniferG
01-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Welcome from me too Janet. This is a great place to come for advice and support.

debbei
01-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Welcome Janet! Without this forum I would have been in the nuthouse before surgery! I will never, ever forget these people, the support they gave me was very special.

discombobulated
01-15-2009, 04:20 AM
Welcome aboard, Janet - though of course, I wish we were meeting under better circumstances :)

----

Brandi - my journey this time around has indeed been recorded on the forum...I will update a little tonight if I can stay awake long enough :rolleyes: But if it helps, you can find the thread here (http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8127).

Of course every surgery & every surgeon is different in approach, but I've honestly found this surgery to be MUCH easier than my first 2 times - a massive surprise to me since it was a much more complex, longer surgery, & I had a few minor complications. I don't really know why it should have been so much easier, but with only a couple of notable exceptions, I definitely had such better pain control this time around. My greatest pain was "nerve pains", where nerves seemed to almost constantly misfire, causing severe cramping in my legs. This was due to swelling & inflammation around areas of the spinal cord where my surgeon performed the 2 vertebral osteotomies (cut out a wedge of bone from each of 2 vertebrae to get better correction). I believe the osteotomy/ies aren't too commonly done, & once the meds were tweaked to get them under control, I have since had a much easier recovery.

Please do remember, though (esp. if you read through that thread), that my experiences (esp. complications) have been very much affected by my previous medical conditions. I'm sure your surgery will go great guns & I hope its outcomes for you are as successful as they have been for me :) If you think I can be of use, please feel free to drop me a PM.

Best wishes.

Beckymk
01-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Susie said I could. LOL!!!

My DD is having surgery March 9 at Shriner's in Chicago.

I have no idea from where to where -- basically top of her back to "not quite at to the bottom". I know bad mom...it's just I keep forgetting all the jargon. It's basically in my signature but that was her top curve. Her bottom curve actually got to over 50 degrees so they are fusing both curves. Hence, I don't know just how far down.

I know it will be a posterior fusion and she is to be in the hospital 4 or 5 days depending on how things go.

I certainly HOPE it's warmer in March....they called off school today due to the cold and that's a rarity here.

Doodles
01-15-2009, 10:41 PM
You guys are so nice and welcoming. I've been lurking for so long I almost forgot I was now a "poster" and could check to see what everyone had to say. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as time goes on. It's great to read all of this from the people who get it! Janet

pmsmom
01-16-2009, 12:03 PM
I am having a posterior fusion @ L2-L4, osteotomy @L3 and rod removal and reinstrumentation on February 5th, 2009 at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, DC by Dr. William Lauerman.

I saw your post and want to let you know that I've heard nothing but good things about Dr. Lauerman.

We decided to use him to follow my dd's case (she's 15) and we live 3 hours away from DC.

I am confident that you will be in excellent hands!

Take care,
Marian

chello_ns
01-16-2009, 11:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm having surgery Feb 26th in Calgary, Alberta. I've been reading posts on here for a LONG time but have finally signed up! You guys have all answered many questions I've had without me even having to ask, thank you!

Susie*Bee
01-17-2009, 07:29 AM
Welcome, chello_ns! It's great to have you posting now! I'll get your surgery added-- but please read in the first post about how you can add it to the official calendar too. Also, if you want to include what levels are being fused, etc., just let me know. It's good to have you posting with us!

JenniferG
01-17-2009, 03:25 PM
All the very best, chello_ns. How are you holding up?

I'm scheduled not long after you, in Brisbane, Australia, March 3. I'll be thinking of you!

chello_ns
01-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Hey Susie*Bee. Thank you SO much for adding me to the calendar. As for what levels are being fused, I don’t remember the technical lingo…I know that sounds really bad of me because he did tell me but I was so overwhelmed I didn’t take in the technical lingo. I just remember he said that the bottom two vertebrae probably wouldn’t be but that he’d start on top of them and go up to my top curve from there. I have a thoracic curve of 60% and lumbar curve of 50%. I’m 25 (known about the scoliosis since I was 13) and both curves have been progressing and causing more and more pain. I have an appointment with my surgeon tomorrow where I’ll find out the proper lingo and finer details.

And JenniferG, I’m actually glad to talk to someone whose surgery is so close to mine! I’m holding up very well, extremely excited about the surgery. I’m sure “scared” or “nervous” type feelings will come closer to the date but as for now just very excited. How about you?

debbei
01-20-2009, 08:10 AM
Welcome Chello,

Good luck to you. Your date will be here before you know it! Try to do as much for yourself, and have a good time in this next month as you can.

JenniferG
01-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Chello, I'm not holding up as well as you are, having a jittery day today. Each day is different. Occasionally I feel a bubble of excitement that soon, I'm going to be a lot straighter and stretched out, which will be nice as I've lost quite a lot of height. Best of all, my curve won't progress further, as it's progressed rapidly in the last 12 months. But I am a Nervous Nelly when it comes to medical things so at this stage, I'm looking forward to being on "the other side"!:D

Let us know the technical lingo when you find out, won't you!

chello_ns
01-21-2009, 02:39 AM
So the technical lingo is T4 to L5!

JenniferG, I can definitely understand the nervousness but I’m such an easy going person I don‘t often get jittery about anything. I keep telling myself to “seem less excited” so I don’t seem crazy. I know and understand it’s a hard and painful recovery and there are potential risks but in the mean time I am doing well. I’m actually taking some vacation days here and there to do things I won’t be able to for a while after the surgery and remembering to actually take time to enjoy them.
I lost a lot of height too, I used to be 5’10” and know I’m 5’6”. Finger tip to finger tip I’m 5’11”…so like you I’m looking forward to maybe gaining some height back! I also would love or my clothes to fit better, no more awkward twisting of my tops and button-up shirts lining up with my left thigh instead of my pants zipper (yahooo!).

I'll for sure be thinking of you from my hospital bed during your surgery and recovery!

JenniferG
01-21-2009, 03:48 AM
Hi again Chello. I see you're having a long fusion, like mine. I'm T5 to S1 as per my signature.

It's so great for you to be excited about the surgery. I'm sure that mindset will help with your recovery. I hope some of your excitement will rub off on me. :o

Glad you're taking the time to do some good things for yourself and getting things organised. I'm doing some spring cleaning (in the middle of Summer)and garden renovations and stashing away some meals in the freezer, to ease the load on my partner during recovery.

I hope you have a nice, easy, lead up to surgery and everything goes perfectly!

Nancy Joy
01-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Chello~~

The clothes fit is incredible afterwards. I still can't get used to my new wonderful body!! I call it my extreme makeover and that is not far from the truth. It is a lot more fun to get dressed nowadays!

chello_ns
01-22-2009, 12:49 AM
Oh Nancy Joy, your post left me grinning ear to ear! I want my new body too! And your surgery wasn’t long ago, how are you doing, what’s it like for you at this stage?

Nancy Joy
01-23-2009, 11:31 PM
I am doing very well. I walked 2 miles today at the Y (cold here- Kansas). I am returning to work Feb. 2nd. I only take a couple of Hydrocodone a day. My surgery has been very successful. Call me vain. Just tonight I stood in front of the bathroom mirror still unbelieving of my new bod. I stopped in at work briefly yesterday and everyone was like- wow- look at you!! Incredible. It gives you something to look forward to while you are wondering the first week what the heck you signed on for!!!!:)

JenniferG
01-24-2009, 03:30 AM
Nancy Joy, you've no idea how good that is to read!:D

Nancy Joy
01-24-2009, 07:45 PM
Jennifer~~

Hang in there- you'll make it. Really you have a long wait yet and that is so darned hard!!!!!! I did'nt feel like I needed valium or anything but got very anxious to get it over with so I could start to recover. Man, am I glad to be where I am instead of where you all are!!! :) (don't let that scare you- it is meant to be exciting)

Susie*Bee
02-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Has anyone heard about bbest (Brandi)??? Her surgery was the 5th. Also, I just updated Avis' rescheduled surgeries. Both Avis (theizzard) and Christy (csbaby) have theirs on this Tuesday, Feb. 10th...

Are there any others that need to be added to this list???

Susie*Bee
02-19-2009, 05:34 AM
Just added nervous and jesscv's surgeries on... are there others? I've jotted down some for April and May and will start a new thread probably after work today-- out of time for now! Take care!

And PLEASE let me know if I have omitted someone-- or if you are on here and have more info to go with your surgery. I am very happy to post, but don't have as much time to scour the threads and see who is having surgery... :o

asccbodypro
02-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Susie,

I was able to get my date added to the calendar following the directions you gave me! Thanks so much. I find I am eating less these days....I am not feeling as nervous but obviously it's hitting me in the stomach! I've been keeping myself busy with trying to get my cardio in and keeping in touch with friends on face book, which has really kept me occupied! I'm still not sure it's really set in yet lol. Take care,

nervous
02-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Susie, thanks so much for adding us to the calendar; much appreciated.

I am very nervous as well!! I think about it all the time....and have a hard time focusing on work and family! I need to remember to be strong! It's so much easier said than done :(

Susie*Bee
02-21-2009, 09:30 AM
Just added Brooklyn to the Feb. list-- her revision surgery is on the 24th, so just 3 days away...

Any others? And have we heard from some who recently had theirs?

Nervous and asccbodypro-- glad I could help in some small way. You have the BIG job ahead of you-- but so many of us have found it well worth the hard work that comes with it. Yay!

Susie*Bee
02-28-2009, 07:00 AM
Just wondering if anyone has heard from the others who had February surgeries? These are the ones who had surgery... and I think we only heard from Brandi/bbest and Avis/theizzard...

5th - bbest (Brandi) - posterior fusion L2-L4, osteotomy @L3, and rod removal and reinstrumentation w/ Dr. Lauerman @ Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, DC.
10th - theizzard (Avis) - 1st of 2 part A/P surgeries, T3 or 4 - pelvis w/ Dr. Rand, Boston
10th - csbaby (Christy) - revision: hardware removal and replacement, T1-S1
18th - theizzard (Avis) - 2nd of 2 part A/P surgeries (see Feb. 10th)
24th - Brooklyn - revision: hardware removal w/Dr. Matt Cunningham @ HSS
26th - chello_ns - fusion surgery T4-L5, in Calgary, Alberta

Also, a reminder that there are 5 coming up in March... with JenniferG leading the way:

3rd - JenniferG - T5-S1 w/Dr. Askin @ Mater Private, Brisbane, Australia
9th - Beckymk's DD (age 14) - posterior, upper T - lower L @ Shriner's in Chicago
16th - nervous - T4-T12 w/ Dr. Hurford, Urbana, IL
25th - jesscv - fusion surgery
30th - Doodles (Janet) - posterior (hopefully just posterior) T3-pelvis w/ Dr. Lenke in St. Louis

Of course, this is probably a partial list because there may be some I am not aware of... If you have others you know of, please PM me or add them to this thread.

txmarinemom
02-28-2009, 09:35 AM
... It gives you something to look forward to while you are wondering the first week what the heck you signed on for!!!!:)

LMAO, Nancy ... I know I'm late reading this, but that describes it SO nicely! I can completely relate to the "what the heck you signed on for".

During that first week home (and no PCA), I swore the that little elves (ANGRY elves - in little pointy elvin shoes) snuck in at night just to kick me in the ribs. Of course, once I got up every day and moved around, it got better ... my vocabulary during the first 30 minutes of my day consisted on "ugh!", "ugggggh" and "UGH!".

While I never regretted having the surgery, I did wonder a few times that first week home, "What did I DO to myself? Did I REALLY hurt that bad?". Of course, the answer was "YES!", but as the original pain was completely gone (and was from the moment I woke up after surgery), the point of reference was too ;-).

It's great to hear you're doing so well! How's it going being back at work?

You're such an inspiration ;-).

Best regards,
Pam

Susie*Bee
03-11-2009, 06:09 AM
Any news yet from Beckymk regarding her daughter's surgery on the 9th???

Susie*Bee
03-12-2009, 05:24 AM
I added doodie/Julie on to the list. That makes two surgeries on the 16th-- coming up really quickly! Doodie and nervous both have theirs then. Best wishes and prayers for very successful surgeries and relatively quick and uneventful recoveries, ladies. Hugs, Susie

Susie*Bee
03-17-2009, 05:32 AM
Just added smollick on March 25th...

Anyone hear about nervous/Rachel and how it went yesterday? I know doodie/Julie's husband posted in the "It's almost here!" thread.

Beckymk
03-17-2009, 07:07 AM
Any news yet from Beckymk regarding her daughter's surgery on the 9th???

I was late to get on & update. It was hard as I really couldn't leave Carolyn's side much at the hospital.

Her surgery went well. They said they got great correction but *whew* she was a BEAR. She is getting better now but still pretty much a couch potato. ;)

We had some issues with her pain medications making her super, super dizzy so we had to switch types and of course, the hospital was not that great for recovery. She tended to have her days/nights mixed up but it's getting better on that front. Now it's only a few times a night I have to get up but still enough to make me *yawn* very tired as Carolyn prefers the couch to sleep on, so I am downstairs in the recliner.

The tutor is coming over today, although I'm really doubting they are going to get much of anything done. Carolyn is also bored at the moment but too sore to really move around much.

Susie*Bee
03-28-2009, 07:26 AM
Thanks, becky.

It's almost time to let this thread die out, but not quite-- Doodles (Janet) has hers on Monday. Our thoughts and many prayers are with you all, momw/scoli and Emily, and with you, Janet. Soon you'll be on the other side of all that waiting and wondering... and ready to start on your recovery. That's very exciting!

Has anyone heard from either smollick or jesscv? They both had surgery on the 25th...

PS-- anyone who read this earlier-- yes, I got confused and thought Emily's surgery was today... but it's May 28th. (I think!)

Jo 71-09
03-28-2009, 09:19 AM
I've tried to add myself to the April Calendar following your instructions, without luck. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but I'm not sure what. My surgery is scheduled for April 28, with Dr Rand at New England Baptist.

The trouble I'm having is that someone else is also scheduled that day so when I try to add mine, It just gives me all of her info, and says I'm trying to modify hers. Can you offer me any suggestions beyond your post on how to add myself to the calendar? Thanks, Jo

Susie*Bee
03-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Hi Jo. I haven't run across anyone having that problem... I may see what happens if I try it too. Then we can delete my try if it succeeds.

Susie*Bee
03-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Jo-- I think it just worked for me... although it has to be approved by a moderator before it shows up. Did you click on "add new event"?

Jo 71-09
03-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Hi Susie, Thank you, I do see my surgery on the calendar now. I thought I had followed your steps, but I must have made a mistake. I got something that said I was trying to modify the existing post. I probably should have kept trying, but I didn't want to mess up the other person's post. I'll try again if you think it's better for me to post my own surgery. Is there a benefit to doing it on my own, or should we just leave it there? Let me know what you think is best. Thanks again, Jo

Susie*Bee
03-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Jo-- it really doesn't matter who posts it. If you want to do it yourself, then I will delete mine. Just let me know. You can put whatever you want to in it-- like including the levels that will be fused, the doctor, etc. I usually put the person's name in the title, so that it shows up with their name on the "event" listing below birthdays that day. If it's just listed as "surgery" it doesn't show whose-- you have to click on it to get that information.