PDA

View Full Version : weather and pain

titaniumed
12-08-2008, 02:13 PM
While in the Redwoods hiking absorbing all that oxygen, I wondered if it would rain?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4phuiZv9sE

Since pain is relative, sometimes its not all that bad, is it?

Rakes are dangerous. I dont own any.

Ed

Pooka1
12-08-2008, 03:19 PM
I love Benny Hill!

I always think of my father when I see Benny Hill because my father liked him also.

Thanks,
sharon

Susie*Bee
12-08-2008, 03:20 PM
I can't watch the youtube stuff on my slow dial-up, but your comment on pain brought back memories of a friend who had MS-- and his comment regarding that. He said that the absence of feeling anything was far worse (in his mind) than having pain. It was a void, a silence so to speak, of nothingness. He would have liked some kind of feeling over no feeling at all. Food for thought.

I know that probably doesn't relate to your post, but thought I'd answer anyway. :rolleyes:

titaniumed
12-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Im going to do another one that is rain related, so that when Susie Bee uses someone elses computer and looks at my comedic contributions, it will be an overwhelming flood of comedy.

Yaah yaah! This one realli Benni Hilli Klassiken! Ha ha ha! Yah laughe so mutts yah almost pee in de buxen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzxn4CH3Cgs

Ed

Pooka1
12-08-2008, 07:48 PM
That was a memorable one!

Susie can't be viewing that at work, Ed.

Naughty Ed. :)

sharon

titaniumed
12-08-2008, 10:36 PM
In the library? where you can hear a pin drop? no way!

Suzie bee wouldnt, I mean, one wouldnt want to get caught.

Ed

Kitty
12-09-2008, 03:53 AM
Titaniumed - who are you??

titaniumed
01-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Who am I? Im the comedic therapist. Im a scoliosis survivor who tries to install some laughs in between our struggles. I guess it happens after decades of pain.

In keeping with the subject of this thread, which started with Benny Hill videos, "Weather and Pain" I have to report, just a little discomfort. Its been sunny here for 3 weeks now, and today it snowed. My "bear traps" the tight,gripping sensation that happens up in my mid section is back, and Im wondering if its the weather?

Its not pain,like the 3 month post bear traps were, just a tight feeling.

Im wonder if Susie Bee ever saw those vids?

Ed

Susie*Bee
01-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Nope, I haven't seen them yet... maybe some day. :eek:

I have a lot of tightness in my back most of the time... I think it has to do with the weather here, but maybe not. Today's a nice sunny day, but the temp is only 13. When we had the subzero temps a little while ago (like 25 below, not counting the windchill) I could feel it worse. Maybe come April things will get better, huh? I'm hoping, anyway. Take care!

Singer
01-25-2009, 04:59 PM
I have that gripping, tight feeling along my right side, at the site of the anterior incision. It's not painful anymore, just.......tight. Totally used to it.
However, I am very much looking forward to feeling a lot looser in some hot, humid weather. My husband thinks I'm kidding when I say I want to move to a hot climate -- but I'm not!

Geish
01-25-2009, 07:56 PM
I hate when I get cold enough to actually shiver and I can feel my hardware in the midst of the shivering. It isn't pleasant. I have decided that I am moving to Maui and booked a one way ticket for June 19th. My oldest will go over with me and my youngest will follow on July 10th, with the dog, after a few weeks visit with her dad. I won't ever have to shovel snow again! :D

Pooka1
01-25-2009, 08:08 PM
I have decided that I am moving to Maui and booked a one way ticket for June 19th.

Wow! That's great. I vacationed in Maui a few years ago and thought it was so beautiful. I hope to return some day.

loves to skate
01-26-2009, 12:41 AM
Geish, I second Pooka1's response. Maui is heaven on earth. That is so awesome that you are going to live there. I am so envious. I am in a lot more pain right now and I know it is the coldness that gets into the implants. If I can't move to Maui, any place South will be just fine with me. Sally

titaniumed
01-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Alicia

I hope your aware about quarantine of pets in Hawaii.I believe its about 3-4 mos.

Its supposed to be sunny here tomorrow, if my tightness falls off, I think the barometric pressure might have something to do with it. Just a hunch.
Ed

asccbodypro
01-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Geish, I second Pooka1's response. Maui is heaven on earth. That is so awesome that you are going to live there. I am so envious. I am in a lot more pain right now and I know it is the coldness that gets into the implants. If I can't move to Maui, any place South will be just fine with me. Sally

Loves to skate,

I noticed that you had your surgery in Boston. When I was a kid I was seen at Boston's Children's Hospital and saw Dr. Hall and wore the Boston brace. Not much fun, I hated it! Not that there is anyone out there who likes it. In my early 20's I worked in Boston for a few years @ Chubb Ins. Company. I love Boston! Go Patriots!!!! I must say, I love winters in Virginia Beach but I sure miss the snow! My two older boys are always wishing for snow here. You mentioned that coldness bothers you. That doesn't sound to good but with those winters I can understand how that would happen. Hopefully you'll see an early spring this year:)

Geish
01-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Hey Ed!
You can now do the quarantine before you leave. It just has to all be documented by your vet. Jeter got her second round of shots 2 weeks ago and gets her microchip in about a month. She will have her blood work done at that time too. Then its just a final visit 10-14 days before she ships over for a tick and flea treatment and final okay.

BTW we got 3 more inches of snow over night. I had just finished clearing my driveway when the plow guy decided I needed an icy, slushy berm! :mad:

JenniferG
01-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Anybody interested in a house swap? Here, it's over 30C every day with high humidity (UGH!) I could use a little snow right now.

;)

loves to skate
01-26-2009, 03:47 PM
asccbodypro,

Go Patriots!!!, Go Red Sox!!! Do you want to swap houses in the wintertime?
I would gladly trade all this snow for a winter in Virginia Beach.

Jennifer, I just noticed you beat me with the house swap idea. :)

skoshi314
02-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Hey guys and gals,
I haven't posted in quite some time. Too many reasons to go into but please know I do check in on you all regularly to make sure you are all doing well.

This last Tuesday, we had a round of toronados and very sever thunderstorms in OKC. In fact, a small tornado touched down withing a mile of my house. That's a little too close for comfort. Anyway, that was Tuesday, and Wednesday was the worst day I've had in a long, long time and for the most part, every day is only semi good. I was kind of surprised by this because I thought the pain would come WITH the bad weather but it began the next day when everything had settled down. I'm sure a contributing factor was that one daughter was home by herself, one daughter was at school in the hall taking cover crying on her cell phone that she was scared and just wanted me to be there. My son was safely being held at his school so that was fine. I think the combination of the weather and stress of trying to get to my kids and finding backed up traffic, road blocks, wrecks and a VERY low tank of gas didn't help. It's a little better today but not by much. I guess spring in Tornodao Alley is going to be a blast!

I noticed a couple of comments on how being cold can make the pain worse. I found that to be very true this winter. I found myself avoiding situations where I would get cold enough to shiver because of the pain it would cause. I was talking to a friend of mine that has metal in her shoulder and her doctor asked if she found that once she got cold it was hard to warm up. When she answered yes he said it's because the metal gets cold and it takes it a while to warm back up. Don't know if that's true but I bought it!

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents worth in. Hope everyone is improving and doing great!

debbei
02-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Hi Becky,

OMG I'm so glad that you've all come thru the tornado ok. I can't imagine being seperated from my kids during a time like that, and the low tank of gas....oh you poor thing! Have you always lived there? The closest I can relate was during 9/11, my oldest 2 were in elementary school. We live in NJ, close to NY, and noone knew what would happen. I went to get them from school so we could all be together. I figured if we were going to get blown up, I wanted us to be together.

As far as the being cold, I cannot STAND to be cold. Shivering is somewhere between hurting and just plain old uncomfortable. I hope that eventually passes.