Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One down (discogram) and one to go (myelogram)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One down (discogram) and one to go (myelogram)

Well the discogram is over and done. I mentioned to the anesthesiologist that i remembered hurting when they poked bad discs the last time i had it... and he sorta frowned and said that i shouldn't remember that. He promised that this time i'd be under a little deeper, and sure enough, i don't remember anything after him saying he had put something in my IV to make me drowsy. Woke up hurting, though, and immediately asked for something for pain. If there's one thing i've learned thru all this, it's not to try to be stoic..lol. I found 8 puncture spots where they did the procedure... and all just at the spot where i'd put my right hand on my hip when i get vexed...lol. So vexation was out for a couple of days...lol.

If the myelogram goes as well, I will have worried for naught. Thanks for your support. Hugs.

So glad you made it through and had a good team taking care of you. The myelogram will be fine, too! Looking forward to hearing from you after.
    ~Trish
    Posterior fusion T5-L1 May 5, 2003-age 43
    Posterior revision, thoracotomy,fusion T2-L2 April 8, 2008-age 49
    Fusion extension C1-L2 evacuation left pulmonary effusion May 9, 2008, age 49
    www.buggfamily.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks, Trish...

The myelogram wasn't nearly as bad as i had feared. The worst part about it was the numbing medicine. It was kinda weird to see my spine on the xray screen as i'd move around. Neat too. Then of course the lying down for a couple of hours afterwards was boring, but i took a good book... so it was not bad at all really.

Comment

I"m so glad you're done with these and don't have to worry about them any more. That's the worst part sometimes, don't you think?

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
        Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
        Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
        Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
        Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Hallelujah! Glad you did so well. =)
          Posterior fusion T5-L1 May 5, 2003-age 43
          Posterior revision, thoracotomy,fusion T2-L2 April 8, 2008-age 49
          Fusion extension C1-L2 evacuation left pulmonary effusion May 9, 2008, age 49
          www.buggfamily.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X