Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had their op' cancelled twice?

Hi All,

Due to have my spinal fusion on the 8th December at Exeter RD&E, in the UK. It was previously cancelled from the 11th Nov.

I am having this on the good old NHS and was wondering whether anyone has had their operation cancelled twice? I am so anxious and really don't want the op to be cancelled again...I think I'd go insane!!!

Jan x
    Aged 32
    Surgery in Exeter, UK on 11th November 2008

Good luck, I hope things proceed on the 11th as planned!! I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

*Phew*....Jan, I thought you were going to say yours had been cancelled again!!

To answer your question - I'm in Australia, but no, I've never had a surgery cancelled twice [without reasons like I'm sick]. I sure hope you couldn't be that unlucky!

Best of luck to you. Sounds like I'll be on my way to the city where my hospital is the day of your surgery...I'll be thinking much of you.

Comment

Hi Jan,

I saw that you mentioned having surgery in Exeter, and it rang a bell. Reading British mysteries is a hobby of mine. I'm currently on one of the "Thomas Lynley" novels by Elizabeth George, and he is now in Exeter investigating a murder case. All fiction of course, but I thought I'd mention that and just say hello.

Like you, I'm preparing for surgery and admit that my nerves are on edge also. I'm also facing the possibility that mine (in January) might be cancelled. It has to be really frustrating to have your surgery cancelled after going through all the emotions associated with it. I'm hoping that it all goes through for you this time, and I will be praying that everything goes well!

Anne

Comment

Working...
        X