I ran for the first time tonight!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ran for the first time tonight!!!

I am five months post op and I went jogging for the first time tonight!!! It felt SO much better than I thought it would! I have been doing the eliptical and walking on the treadmill for a couple of months now, and the only discomfort I had jogging was that my back muscles got really tight. It actually loosened up a little as I went, it just reminded me of how it felt when I was walking short distances the first few weeks after surgery. I jogged on an indoor track, and I actually went for 3 miles (with a little walking in between number 1 and 2)!!!!! (I ran a lot before surgery). I wasn't tired and it didn't hurt so I just kept going, lol. I just wanted to share the good news, so anyone hoping to get back to running can have some hope!!! I will be careful to listen to my body and not overdo it, I am just really excited.

By the way, has anyone heard from str8nup (Reggie)? He had surgery towards the end of October??
    aBbiE
    22 yr old F,KU college student
    Kyphoscoliosis...
    Scoliosis (25T, 23L) diagnosed @ 14 yrs old; curves June 08 were 45T, 32L with 18 degree rotation
    Kyphosis of 65 degrees...
    I am missing a lumbar vertebrae

Surgery 6/30/2008 with Dr. Lawrence Lenke
    Fused T2-L2

before/after pics
    all smiles!

Good for you Abbie. That is such wonderful news. I am not allowed to run since I am fused to the sacrum and way too old to run anyway. It made my knees unhappy starting at around age 40, but I am back to my love of roller skating. I am taking it very easy still since I don't feel I can totally trust my body (balance and posture is a little different since the surgery). You have many years to enjoy physical activity so I am happy for you. I was wondering about Reggie myself. Sure hope his recovery is going well.
    Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
    X