Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updat on Danielle

Hi everyone
    Nice to be here on the other side. Danielle did great. Her surgery was 8 hours went from t2 to l2 not sure of how much correction but she looks completely straight. She spent one night in ICU and is on the ward now. She took 3 steps yesterday and transfered from bed to bed. I am so proud of her. Her pain is bad as you all know thank god for drugs!!!!! They took her off the continous morphine yesterday so she has the pump and oxy but last night was rough as she had break through pain because she was sleeping and not hitting the pump. You all were right the day of I was so calm and relieved. I so want to thank everyone for your support and knowledge and I will keep you all updated. On my way back to hospital. Daddy is with her so I could come home and shower in my own shower and have a little break.
    Catherine
    Mom of 14 year old Danielle
    T45 degree curve Feb 2008
    T47 degree curve May 2008
    T50 degree curve Sept 2008
    Surgery Nov 24th 2008
    Ontario, Canada

So happy for you all that you are on the other side and that things are going so well.
    Wishing Daneille a speedy recovery.
    Ramona
    mom of Patrick, age 15 at time of surgery
    diagnosed July 2006 curves T58 L 38

Nov. 2006 curves T72 L38
    also lordoscoliosis

feb.2007 curves T79 L43

Surgery May 16 2007
    fused T4 to L1

Comment

Thanks, Catherine, for letting us know. I have been checking and checking. So glad to hear all went well for Danielle. After these first few days, it will only get easier from now on.

Mary Ellen

Comment

Catherine, that's fantastic news ... Mary Ellen is absolutely right - things WILL surprise you how quickly they improve. Before you know it, days will pass where surgery doesn't even cross your mind ;-).

Best regards,
        Pam
        Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
        AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
        Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
        Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
        EMAIL ME

Comment

Glad to hear that you all are on the "other side" and that things are going well.

Continued thoughts and prayers to you all!

Marian

Comment

Catherine,

I'm very happy to hear Danielle is doing well. This is a huge surgery, and it sounds like she's recovering with little or no complications. That is great. Many more cyber hugs and wishes she continues to have a great recovery.
            Carmell
            mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Catherine,

I am so happy for all of you. Thanks for letting us know how she's doing. Give more updates when you are able!

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
              Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
              Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
              Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
              Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Congratulations to you and your daughter.

Good work.

sharon
                Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
                Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

I'm so relieved for you all - & glad you & your husband are able to give each other little breaks. Thinking of Danielle & you guys...hoping that her recovery will be swift & smooth

Take care.

Comment

Fantastic News

Hi Catherine,
                    Like everyone else, I was waiting eagerly for news of Danielle. Thanks for keeping us posted and I am relieved to hear that it all went well and she is out of intensive care. Wow!! On the wards already - I am still amazed at how fast my transatlantic cousins progress with their post-op recoveries!!!

It must be wonderful for you to be on the other side - finally, and it will only get easier for you from now on. I promise you it will be so exciting to see her progress and reach her little recovery milestones (i.e, sitting, walking, toileting, etc.)

Well done to you all!! Please keep us posted with more good news.

Hugs to you

Lisa
                    Mum to Tahlia, aged 15. Fused from T2 - L3, 18/11/08.

Comment

Fantastic news! Hope the recovery continues as well as it's begun. Another lucky one on "the other side!"
                      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Working...
                      X