Off to Egypt two weeks tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to Egypt two weeks tomorrow

Hi guys I am going to Egypt two weeks tomorrow fly at 9.20am and I cant wait.

I have been told to go to my docs this week and he is going to write me a letter just in case I set the alaims off not so much in this country but over there, and they are writing my medication down aswell, I am 6 months post op so I am sure travelling on a plane for 5 hours well just over will be fine..

Staying at a 5 star hotel aswell which is great it was my 21st brithday gift from parents couldnt go in July for 2 reasons, the op and the fact that it would have been way to hot, and I dont do well in really hot conditions because of my other illness.

I have had my hep A injection which they recommend so i think once i have my hair cut and dyed and get my letter im all set apart from packing my suitcase lol....

Yay cant wait I need this.

Angela
    xx
    Angela, 25 England.
    75 curve top of spine, and getting worse slowly.
    Surgery on 21st May 2008. T3-L4
    Op went well 20ish degree curve now.
    May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

Have a wonderful time, Angela! That is a great way to celebrate your 21st-- and your new "you" from the surgery. Bon voyage! Susie
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Hi Angela
      I hope you have a great time on holiday in a few weeks time.
      I'm pleased to read that 6 months after your op you are able to get away and relax - you deserve it!
      have a great holiday
      Louisse
      Diagnosed aged 17 thoracic curve of 40°/48? given brace worn for short time but was then told that I had stopped growing and it wasn’t likely to get worse. Follow ups ‘got lost in the system’ and I chose to ignore until age approx 33, after two children. Now nearly 42yrs curve was progressing (last xrays 67 degrees) and increasing 'backache' so surgery (posterior T3 - L1) went ahead beginning of September 2008 in UK - thoracic curve now approx 20° and I look a lot straighter!

Comment

How truly fabulous for you. Have a wonderful time and just don't bounce too hard on the camel's humps.
        take care and have fun.
        avis
        1987 Lumbar Laminectomy (forget which levels)
        2005 A/P fusion, L2 - L5, 2/2005
        2009 2 Posterior fusions, T6 - Pelvis, 2/10 & 2/18,
        Dr. Frank Rand, NEBH

Comment

Good for you Angela!! What a wonderful gift your parents are giving you. I hope you have a fabulous time, and want to hear all about it afterwards!!

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
          Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
          Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
          Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
          Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Letters about hardware ...

Angela ...

I'd allow extra time to get through security *just* incase. I know here in the States they no longer accept letters from surgeons.

I flew to Boston from Houston about 4 months after surgery (ready to set off all the bells) ... and ... nothing - LOL. I made it through security in record time and had 3 hours to kill (but better than the alternative, I suppose!).

My son's Stateside for a month in California, so I'll be flying to see all my California and Utah girls from here (Dec 4th-Dec 16th) and meander my way up to Miramar to cook a belated Thanksgiving dinner for him and a bunch of Marines who couldn't go home for the holidays (could be 5 ... could be 30).

I hope the airport security goes as smoothly as before, and good luck to you, as well.

Have a blast!

Regards,
            pam
            Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
            AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
            Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
            Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
            EMAIL ME

Comment

Hiya thanks for the nice replies and comments we are going to leave our house at about 4am flight is 9.20am takes about 1hr and half to get to airport so will have a lot of time just in case.

I am going to the docs today to get the letter might aswell take it I dont know if like the sates they accept them or not but will take it anyway.

I was doing well today dint have much pain in my back until a bloke at work forgot and pated me on the back (quite hard though) my mum was not happy she works here aswell and is going to tell him off and make him feel guilty and make him get me a box of chocolates to say sorry weather he will is another matter....

Other then that I am ok and cant wait for my holiday to get away to nice weather as England isnt that good at the mo
              Angela, 25 England.
              75 curve top of spine, and getting worse slowly.
              Surgery on 21st May 2008. T3-L4
              Op went well 20ish degree curve now.
              May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

Comment

Working...
              X