PDA

View Full Version : Off to Egypt two weeks tomorrow

Angelacross
11-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi guys I am going to Egypt two weeks tomorrow fly at 9.20am and I cant wait.

I have been told to go to my docs this week and he is going to write me a letter just in case I set the alaims off not so much in this country but over there, and they are writing my medication down aswell, I am 6 months post op so I am sure travelling on a plane for 5 hours well just over will be fine..

Staying at a 5 star hotel aswell which is great it was my 21st brithday gift from parents couldnt go in July for 2 reasons, the op and the fact that it would have been way to hot, and I dont do well in really hot conditions because of my other illness.

I have had my hep A injection which they recommend so i think once i have my hair cut and dyed and get my letter im all set apart from packing my suitcase lol....

Yay cant wait I need this.

Angela
xx

Susie*Bee
11-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Have a wonderful time, Angela! That is a great way to celebrate your 21st-- and your new "you" from the surgery. Bon voyage! :) Susie

Louisse
11-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi Angela
I hope you have a great time on holiday in a few weeks time.
I'm pleased to read that 6 months after your op you are able to get away and relax - you deserve it!
have a great holiday
Louisse

theizzard
11-23-2008, 05:25 PM
How truly fabulous for you. Have a wonderful time and just don't bounce too hard on the camel's humps.
take care and have fun.
avis

debbei
11-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Good for you Angela!! What a wonderful gift your parents are giving you. I hope you have a fabulous time, and want to hear all about it afterwards!!

txmarinemom
11-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Angela ...

I'd allow extra time to get through security *just* incase. I know here in the States they no longer accept letters from surgeons.

I flew to Boston from Houston about 4 months after surgery (ready to set off all the bells) ... and ... nothing - LOL. I made it through security in record time and had 3 hours to kill (but better than the alternative, I suppose!).

My son's Stateside for a month in California, so I'll be flying to see all my California and Utah girls from here (Dec 4th-Dec 16th) and meander my way up to Miramar to cook a belated Thanksgiving dinner for him and a bunch of Marines who couldn't go home for the holidays (could be 5 ... could be 30).

I hope the airport security goes as smoothly as before, and good luck to you, as well.

Have a blast!

Regards,
pam

Angelacross
11-24-2008, 05:04 AM
Hiya thanks for the nice replies and comments we are going to leave our house at about 4am flight is 9.20am takes about 1hr and half to get to airport so will have a lot of time just in case.

I am going to the docs today to get the letter might aswell take it I dont know if like the sates they accept them or not but will take it anyway.

I was doing well today dint have much pain in my back until a bloke at work forgot and pated me on the back (quite hard though) my mum was not happy she works here aswell and is going to tell him off and make him feel guilty and make him get me a box of chocolates to say sorry :) weather he will is another matter....

Other then that I am ok and cant wait for my holiday to get away to nice weather as England isnt that good at the mo