Spinal Cord Stimulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinal Cord Stimulation

Has any one had a Spinal Cord Stimulatior? Would like some in put on this be for I have this done. I have had all the meds and shots and would love not to live in a drug haze all the time. My curve is 55,50 and went through bracing as a teenager.

Welcome to the forum.
    I have not had this done, but I was talking on the telephone the other day with an old high school friend and she was telling me about a stimulator she has had implanted in her lumbar spine and said that she is now pain free. She has degenerative disc disease and is not a good surgical candidate. I don't think she has scoliosis. She was referred to a Neurosurgeon who recommended she have this done since she have been in severe pain from arthritis in her spine for several years. I don't know for sure if this is the same thing you are asking about but it sounds similar to me. It must be something that is fairly new. Hopefully someone else will be able to tell you more.
    Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Hi Curver mom, I have heard mostly that they really help people out. There are some, like me, who have too much hardware in there so its just not an option. A friend of mine loves his!

Comment

thank you

Thank you. I will let you know what happens. I am still waiting to see if my insurance will ok this. My pain doctor thinks this well help. I have so much damage that no one will touch my back. My mom stills think that if I keep my brace all the time when I was a teenager that I would not have this to day. I have found this web site so helpful. I even told my step mom about it.

Comment

Working...
        X