Pre-op today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-op today

We had our pre-op today and all went very well in fact we were very happy to find out that the anesthatist?? was a Dr. that my husband had for 2 months well he fought for his life two years ago she was in her final residency and was a god send to us. As well a very good friend of ours is and X-ray tech and in on OR duty for Danielle's surgery so she will be in with her the whole time. As all of you could understand how that makes us feel. We are still terrified but have a little sense of relief but really will be relieved Monday night when she is out and safe.
    Catherine
    Mom of 14 year old Danielle
    T45 degree curve Feb 2008
    T47 degree curve May 2008
    T50 degree curve Sept 2008
    Surgery Nov 24th 2008
    Ontario, Canada

I"m so glad that you will have those 2 people in there with Danielle. I am sure that it must make you feel at least a little bit more reassured.

I admire your courage. It's hard to see your child go through such a major surgery. I've never had the experience, only little surgeries, like hernia for my son, and I was a basket case. It's got to be worse than going through it yourself.

I'm sening calming thoughts to you and Danielle. ((Hugs))

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Hi Deb thank you for your encouragment. It's funny you say that about the herrnia my son also had that surgery when he was four and we were talking about that today cause I was a mess and thats what I am comparing it to only 100 times worse. I remember his big recovery delimma was where his underwear were when he woke up LOL. If there is such a thing as good karma I am feeling it today, knowing people that know and care about us gives me some peace (not enough though) How are you feeling? Do you have any regrets or advise for me?
      Catherine
      Mom of 14 year old Danielle
      T45 degree curve Feb 2008
      T47 degree curve May 2008
      T50 degree curve Sept 2008
      Surgery Nov 24th 2008
      Ontario, Canada

Comment

Catherine,

I have no regrets having the surgery now. The good thing is that the technology now is so far advanced compared to when I was a teenager; I am just grateful that I didn't have the surgery in the 70's.

From what I understand, teenagers now have such quick recoveries. I am sure she will be just fine. Try to keep yourself mentally occupied while you are waiting, and update us when you can.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
        Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
        Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
        Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
        Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

I've been following your posts about Danielle.

Please take encouragement from the other surgeries, especially the ones who have been done recently--I know they are helping me to calm down.

Prayers for you and Danielle. As many others say, in just a little while you all will be on the other side of this.

I hope folks will remind me of that as well when the time comes!

Marian

Comment

Working...
          X