PDA

View Full Version : 5th consultation

theizzard
11-14-2008, 08:14 AM
well i finally got an appointment with dr.rand in boston on december 12th. after seeing him i will have to make a decision on surgeon. i am a 58 year old doctoral student in clinical psychologist and my life is on hold. i wanted to postpone surgery until i was done which is another 3 years but it's really too painful to do that so i feel like i am in limbo until i pick a surgeon and get a date.
avis:D

loves to skate
11-14-2008, 11:36 AM
Hi Avis,
You did well to get an appointment with Dr. Rand so soon. December must be a slow time for him. Let us know how your appointment goes. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with him. Take care, Sally

lelc2002@yahoo
11-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Avis-much good luck with your decision on surgery. I am curious what kind of curve you have?
much good luck, Lynne:)

theizzard
11-15-2008, 10:32 AM
sally,
he had a cancellation. they are booking into february. i wonder how far off they are booking surgeries.
lynne,
i think it's like 52 degree curve. i larger problem is the front to back curving of the spine. meaning that i can't stand straight at all without pain. so i lean to the right and curve forward. all in all a bloody painful mess.
i just want to be able to walk again without having to lean on something. there was an art show i wanted to go to today but i knew that i wouldn't be able to walk the thing and enjoy it. so i just want to be able to walk without too much of a problem. i hope that's not too much to ask out of surgery.
avis

loves to skate
11-15-2008, 10:57 AM
Hi Avis,
For me, booking for surgery was from the middle of October to December 4th. Being able to walk certainly is not too much to ask. Before my surgery, I could barely walk out to the mailbox in front of my house. Then, I still had to get back. Now, I can walk anywhere I want, so long as my knees hold up. Haha!

Sally