5th consultation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th consultation

well i finally got an appointment with dr.rand in boston on december 12th. after seeing him i will have to make a decision on surgeon. i am a 58 year old doctoral student in clinical psychologist and my life is on hold. i wanted to postpone surgery until i was done which is another 3 years but it's really too painful to do that so i feel like i am in limbo until i pick a surgeon and get a date.
    avis
    1987 Lumbar Laminectomy (forget which levels)
    2005 A/P fusion, L2 - L5, 2/2005
    2009 2 Posterior fusions, T6 - Pelvis, 2/10 & 2/18,
    Dr. Frank Rand, NEBH

Hi Avis,
    You did well to get an appointment with Dr. Rand so soon. December must be a slow time for him. Let us know how your appointment goes. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with him. Take care, Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Avis-much good luck with your decision on surgery. I am curious what kind of curve you have?
      much good luck, Lynne

Comment

sally,
        he had a cancellation. they are booking into february. i wonder how far off they are booking surgeries.
        lynne,
        i think it's like 52 degree curve. i larger problem is the front to back curving of the spine. meaning that i can't stand straight at all without pain. so i lean to the right and curve forward. all in all a bloody painful mess.
        i just want to be able to walk again without having to lean on something. there was an art show i wanted to go to today but i knew that i wouldn't be able to walk the thing and enjoy it. so i just want to be able to walk without too much of a problem. i hope that's not too much to ask out of surgery.
        avis
        1987 Lumbar Laminectomy (forget which levels)
        2005 A/P fusion, L2 - L5, 2/2005
        2009 2 Posterior fusions, T6 - Pelvis, 2/10 & 2/18,
        Dr. Frank Rand, NEBH

Comment

Hi Avis,
          For me, booking for surgery was from the middle of October to December 4th. Being able to walk certainly is not too much to ask. Before my surgery, I could barely walk out to the mailbox in front of my house. Then, I still had to get back. Now, I can walk anywhere I want, so long as my knees hold up. Haha!

Sally
          Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
          Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
          Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
          Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
          New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
          Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
          X