Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello new to this site

Hello i am new to the site

So a little about myself, i am 33 and have suffered from kyphosis all my life i was diagnosed at the age of 13 with severe schuermanns but the hospital and consultant were not willing to do any thing because they percieved the reason i wanted surgery was because i told him it was cosmetic reasons. So role on 20 years of constant back pain and all the physcological problems of walking round with a bent back i decided to explore the prospects of surgery once more so i was reffered by my GP to a orthopedic surgeon locally who redignosed me kyphoscoliosis with the emphasis on kyphosis he again said it was severe but would not operate as they was a 80% chance of paralaysis (which i know is rubbish) and again he focosed on the fact i want a straight back for cosmetic purposes (well he would if he had to walk round in my frame). So i was shown the door once again so i am looking for any one with specific knowledge of kyphosis and kyphoscoliosis and if they are any surgeons who operate on kyphosis suffers i am fed up and sick and tired of the constant pain and staring and comments and all the baggage that goes with having a twisted spine

I am originally from Bradford West Yorkshire England but i know live in the north east in South Shields near Newcastle

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Mark

Hi Mark

Hi Mark,
    I don't have any answers for you as I live in the US...but, I just wanted to write you a note...I have a son, his name is Mark also, and he was diagnosed at 13 with Kyphosis as well. He is 14 now and is headed for two surgeries to correct his spine this coming December. I wish you were in the States as I know you could find someone who was willing to perform the surgery. My son is frightened to death about the surgery. We were told that if he waited the chance of paralysis is increased greatly so what the doctors may be telling you know may be true...I don't know for sure. I wish you the best of luck in your search. I just wish I could help you. Take it easy and don't lose faith...you'll find some relief somehow.
    Pat

Comment

Hello Giggles

Thanks for the kind words. i am so sorry your son suffers from kyphosis and please pass on to him my wishes for a safe, troublefree and painless correction, i hope he does not suffer too much discomfort but it is better to get the correction out of the way whilst he his still young and growing, as like you say, and like i have been told the older you are the grater the risk

God bless you, Mark and your familly and once again thanks for your kind words

Take care

Mark

Comment

hi mark. i just wanted to tell u that i know a guy...in the US who was operated on for kyphosis. im not sure if u have both scoliosis and kyphosis the risk of paralysis may arise but i was just thinking that it mite give u a little hope. ill talk 2 him next time about when and how severe his problem was when i see him next as he is my general care physician. best of luck 2 u. i will post as soon as i c him which may b soon because i am also recovering from spinal fusion myself. hang in there and keep pushing 2 get where u want to b. best of luck to u.
        ~Zach

Comment

Working...
        X