Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation cancelled

Hi all,

I was due to have my surgery on the 11th Novemeber but unfortunately it's been cancelled due to an emergency surgery. I am frustrated but I knew this could happen so just haved to deal with it. I was told it probably wont be before Christmas.

Just thought I'd let you know that this can be quite a regular occurance - so for those of you having surgery soon it's probably wise to have this at the back of your mind in case it does happen and you are prepared!

All the best!
    Aged 32
    Surgery in Exeter, UK on 11th November 2008

I'm so sorry your surgery was canceled, that must be very frustrating. Look at it this way though, it will give you more time to get in the best physical shape that you can.

((Hugs))

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Hi Debbe,

Thank you for your response. I agree with you - that's exactly what I was thinking as I'm in really bad shape now! I am upset - but maybe it was for the best and was meant to be!

Take care x
      Aged 32
      Surgery in Exeter, UK on 11th November 2008

Comment

Originally posted by JAN 76 View Post
        Hi Debbe,

Thank you for your response. I agree with you - that's exactly what I was thinking as I'm in really bad shape now! I am upset - but maybe it was for the best and was meant to be!

Take care x
        I really think that being in such good shape prior to my surgery has helped me recover so quickly. I've had people who see me tell me that I'm recovering like a teenager. I'm even outwalking friends who come to visit and take a walk with me, I have to slow down for them! LOL Prior to surgery, all summer, I exercised every day, either on my treadmill or muscle building using my total gym. Good luck to you!

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
        Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
        Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
        Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
        Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

That's tough Jan, but as you say, maybe this will work out better for you.

There's a lesson here for us all, to be prepared for a change of date and to get as fit as possible.

Debbe, any other advice or tips, are very welcome.
          Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
          Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
          T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
          Osteotomies and Laminectomies
          Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Debbe,

Sounds like you are doing amazingly well. And you're just coming up on one month post op. Glad to hear it's going so well for you. Keep up the good work.

Chris

Comment

Working...
            X