anyone heard from sunnyday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone heard from sunnyday?

I posted this under the July-Oct. 2008 surgeries, but I don't know if anyone will wade through 4 pp. of posts to see what's new.

Anyway, has anyone heard from sunnyday about her surgery at Georgetown?

I haven't... or for 2lucky2 (Arlene) or Canadian_Bacon. I asked too, in that other post. I'm assuming none of them had arranged for someone to let us know. They all three had their surgeries at the end of October... It will be good to hear from them-- hopefully soon!
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Sunnyday back from surgeries

Hi everyone,
      Sorry I'm so late with this but my son didn't want to do the updates and I was so busy right before the surgeries that I didn't find someone else in time. Then, I was in the hospital so I couldn't remember my logon info to have my friends do it. The first surgery ( anterior)was oCT. 27th ; don't remember much about that one. They keep you in bed and pretty well sedated until the next surgery. The next one was Oct. 30th. I have atrial fibrillation which is a heart condition and my heart rate was really high after the two surgeries so that I had to stay in the intensive care unit for the entire hospital stay so that they could monitor my heart. They added more heart drugs and eventually, I was released -- on November 8th, so it was 12 days. But, I went straight home and am doing fine. My 24- yr old son lives at home ( works all day) but one of my brothers came to help. He stayed four days. Of course I could shower myself -- w/shower chair and dress and everything. He was good to make simple food, pick things up, talk to, drive me around. I am still on pain meds -- probably 3 percocets during waking hours and four during the night. If I take more, I have to sleep all the time. There's some pain, but it's not bad.
      I will be able to drive in 6 weeks-- around Dec. 15th and can stop wearing the brace by the end of January. I was really lucky that I had friends and church people who made meals and my son and brother helped a lot. My surgery was from T-10 to sacrum, shorter than they initially planned. I will have x-ray and followup on Dec. 9th. Already had the stitches (staples!) out on Nov. 13th. The pain I used to have in my left leg was fixed by the surgery. Not sure how I'll be on longer walks, but feel sure it will be better. Glad I didn't wait. I'm 57, and not getting any younger or healthier. Thanks for caring, sorry you had to wait so long to hear from me. Best wishes to all and thank god -- Universe , Whatever -- we are even able to have such a complicated, life changing surgery.......Stephanie

Comment

Yay, Stephanie! It is great to be on the other side, isn't it? God is good, and I am glad you are safely recovering . =)
        Posterior fusion T5-L1 May 5, 2003-age 43
        Posterior revision, thoracotomy,fusion T2-L2 April 8, 2008-age 49
        Fusion extension C1-L2 evacuation left pulmonary effusion May 9, 2008, age 49
        www.buggfamily.blogspot.com

Comment

Glad to hear everything went well, Stephanie! I kept checking in to see if you had posted and was hoping things were ok.

Whenever you get a chance, could you pm me and let me know what you thought of Dr. Lauerman. He's the surgeon we've chosen for our dd.

Take your time, though--write when you can.

Enjoy your holiday!

Marian

Comment

Stephanie, it's fantastic to hear that you're doing well. It sounds like you were well taken care of :-) Best wishes for a continuing smooth recovery. Take care.

--

As a somewhat unrelated note - I posted over in the other thread as well, & can only presume that no answer is a resounding "no" - but has *anyone* heard that Nancy Joy is doing ok? It's been a while since her 2nd op. Anyone know if she was going into a rehab facility afterward or something, maybe?

Comment

Stephanie-- yes, it is so good to hear from you! It sounds like things are going well and you have a strong support system with your family, friends, and church. Keep us posted with your progress when you are up to it. Susie

Dis-- I haven't heard anything from Nancy Joy. I think I have her email address, so I will try to get in touch with her that way. Maybe someone else has her phone number, though...
              71 and plugging along... but having some problems
              2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
              5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
              Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
              CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
              10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Hi Stephanie
                I just wanted to say Hi and thanks for posting your after surgery update - they are always interesting to read how each one of us has got on. It sure is good to get it over and done with - I'm 41 and was glad to have this amazing surgery done before I got any older!
                I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery. I am 12 weeks post op today and feeling loads better.
                Louisse
                Diagnosed aged 17 thoracic curve of 40°/48? given brace worn for short time but was then told that I had stopped growing and it wasn’t likely to get worse. Follow ups ‘got lost in the system’ and I chose to ignore until age approx 33, after two children. Now nearly 42yrs curve was progressing (last xrays 67 degrees) and increasing 'backache' so surgery (posterior T3 - L1) went ahead beginning of September 2008 in UK - thoracic curve now approx 20° and I look a lot straighter!

Comment

Working...
                X