PDA

View Full Version : i was scared silly 2daay

arizo
11-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Well iv been sore from my right shoulder for a night now. I figure I fell aasleep wrng but anyways. I get up 2 use the bathroom while I'm inside, I staart noticing blind spots then I go blind. I waalked out calling for help luckly my faather was in the kitchen he guided me back 2 my room and once I laid dwn I got my vizion back.

I calld the doc an hr later he told me 2 come 2 the hospitaal rite away. They drew blood and told me it might mean I need to drink more fluids/low blood count but boy wat a scare.

JenniferG
11-06-2008, 09:56 PM
It certainly would be, Arizo. I gather your sight has returned? Has anybody else had this problem post-surgery? :eek:

txmarinemom
11-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Arizo ... glad you caught things in time.

Jennifer, I recovered solo, and no ... as far as I know, this is not common - unless you're dehydrated and/or possibly released from the hospital before you're stable.

arizo
11-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Arizo ... glad you caught things in time.

Jennifer, I recovered solo, and no ... as far as I know, this is not common - unless you're dehydrated and/or possibly released from the hospital before you're stable.

I believe it was dehydration. I have not had the issue after that. But wat a scare. I thought 2 mysefl wow 2 weeks after my surgery and I'm going blind now. But doc was confident it was just dehydration.