Almost 4 weeks =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost 4 weeks =)

So its almost four weeks post op. It will be exactly on tuesday! I feel pretty good. I got out and went to the mall this past monday but i went in a wheel chair. Today i had an appt then went to mcdonalds, then got a manicure then went to sonic. I got lots of walking in today which was good. It made me feel tons better. Everything is good the doc said. I'm going back to school not this monday but next monday for half days! yay! i cant wait. He said i can twist/bend in maybe a month if im comfortable with it which is music to my ears. plus he said that the numbness should go away in a few weeks. Overall im happy and i feel much better. I'm off vicadin and i was taking aleve but i havent had it for a day or two. I have pain here and there but its tolerable.
    -Marissa-
    28 degrees diagnosed summer '05
    boston brace? never wore it.
    (60 degrees) told surgery was needed.
    Pre-op = 67 degrees (5'2")
    Post-op = 24 degrees (5'4")
    FUSED *T3-L1*

Good Job Hang in There

That's a lot of great walking! It takes a while to feel better and for the body to adjust. Hang in there! I'll see if I can get my daughter to post as she has more experience from the view of the patient. Take good care of yourself.

Comment

congrats! I have a have a question for u can u sleep on ur belly? and have ur stiches fallen out yet? I only ask because im a little over a week out of the surgery.

I was at da mall 2 days after getting out the hospital but did I get tired super fast.

anyways congrats again have funn at school

Comment

Marissa,

Sounds like you are making great progress in your recovery!

I'm happy for you. Good work.

My daughter walked a bunch because it made her feel better also.

sharon
        Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
        Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by ARN010 View Post
          That's a lot of great walking! It takes a while to feel better and for the body to adjust. Hang in there! I'll see if I can get my daughter to post as she has more experience from the view of the patient. Take good care of yourself.
          thank you and i'd be happy to answer any questions she has cause i think you said shes going for surgery soon.

Originally posted by arizo View Post
          congrats! I have a have a question for u can u sleep on ur belly? and have ur stiches fallen out yet? I only ask because im a little over a week out of the surgery.

I was at da mall 2 days after getting out the hospital but did I get tired super fast.

anyways congrats again have funn at school
          umm my doctor said i can but i dont see how its possible with the log roll. i never tried it but i never slept on my belly when i didnt have surgery. i'd ask your doctor before you try it. Also idk if i have stitches or not, i just took my tape off not to long ago and its just a skinny scar.
          wow two days after! i would have been miserable.

thanks and i hope you have a good recovery too. =)

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
          Marissa,

Sounds like you are making great progress in your recovery!

I'm happy for you. Good work.

My daughter walked a bunch because it made her feel better also.

sharon

thank you. i hope your daughter has a good recovery!! =]
          -Marissa-
          FUSED *T3-L1*

Comment

congrats again on ur progress. did u have trouble sleeping/or still do?
            you took ur tape of 4weeks after? I can't stand da tape on me anymore. can u sit in a chair for long periods of time yet?

Comment

congrats again on ur progress. did u have trouble sleeping/or still do?
              you took ur tape of 4weeks after? I can't stand da tape on me anymore. can u sit in a chair for long periods of time yet?
              thank you.

i did sorta at first but now im pretty comfy.

well you could take it off after 2 weeks but i was afraid and then my mom took most of it off at 3 weeks and now its all off.
              yeah i sit in a chair for most of each day.
              -Marissa-
              FUSED *T3-L1*

Comment

Originally posted by curveof27 View Post
                thank you.

i did sorta at first but now im pretty comfy.

well you could take it off after 2 weeks but i was afraid and then my mom took most of it off at 3 weeks and now its all off.
                yeah i sit in a chair for most of each day.
                dats wats up!
                im wrkinng on mine im a week and a couple days out of surgery. I can't sleep at all most the time. but glad to hear dat in 4 weeks uv made a lot of progress gives me a lot of hope.

Comment

dats wats up!
                  im wrkinng on mine im a week and a couple days out of surgery. I can't sleep at all most the time. but glad to hear dat in 4 weeks uv made a lot of progress gives me a lot of hope.
                  awe im sorry. that was actually a problem for me, when i came home the first week was brutale. you'll get better soon i promise. im amazed at how much better i feel. you will too soon.
                  -Marissa-
                  FUSED *T3-L1*

Comment

awe im sorry. that was actually a problem for me, when i came home the first week was brutale. you'll get better soon i promise. im amazed at how much better i feel. you will too soon.
                    yea the nites are so long for me even if I get sleeep I wake up prob every 1hr. I guess its cuz im so use to being out and about its just hurting me mentally. I have been walking a lot doh. since they said it would help with my recovery a lot.

how long were u in da hospital after ur surgery?

Comment

amanda (not my mom)

hi marissa i hope your feeling better! i got my fusion 6 months ago so when i finally got to go back to school it was really awesome to see all my friends! i was just lucky that my teacher didn't give me homework

Comment

hi marissa i hope your feeling better! i got my fusion 6 months ago so when i finally got to go back to school it was really awesome to see all my friends! i was just lucky that my teacher didn't give me homework
                        oh wow thats a long time.

tell me your whole story please!

and thank you =)
                        -Marissa-
                        FUSED *T3-L1*

Comment

oh wow thats a long time.

tell me your whole story please!

and thank you =)
                          hi! when i was about 6 i started using a brace. i used it until i was almost ten. my doctor told me that the brace had only slowed it down, and it wold never completely stop it. thats when he told me i had to have the fusion!!! me and my mom were really scared. for about 4 days to a week i couldn't even walk. when they finally let me go home the car ride was HORRIBLE!!!!!!! when i got home though what was really awesome was my bestest friend eleanor and her mom left a big sign on the garage door that said HAPPY HEALING!!!!!!!! they also left us dinner, my mom and i almost cried, with joy!! and now i'm almost back to normal me again, i can't go on roller coasters for another year now and it sometimes times hurts. and that is basically it.
                          Last edited by ARN010; 11-01-2008, 09:42 PM.

Comment

yea the nites are so long for me even if I get sleeep I wake up prob every 1hr. I guess its cuz im so use to being out and about its just hurting me mentally. I have been walking a lot doh. since they said it would help with my recovery a lot.

how long were u in da hospital after ur surgery?
                            that sucks. im sorry. it will get better i promise.

i was in about 6 days, it was going to be 5 but i was scared to go home that day so it was the next.
                            -Marissa-
                            FUSED *T3-L1*

Comment

hi! when i was about 6 i started using a brace. i used it until i was almost ten. my doctor told me that the brace had only slowed it down, and it wold never completely stop it. thats when he told me i had to have the fusion!!! me and my mom were really scared. for about 4 days to a week i couldn't even walk. when they finally let me go home the car ride was HORRIBLE!!!!!!! when i got home though what was really awesome was my bestest friend eleanor and her mom left a big sign on the garage door that said HAPPY HEALING!!!!!!!! they also left us dinner, my mom and i almost cried, with joy!! and now i'm almost back to normal me again, i can't go on roller coasters for another year now and it sometimes times hurts. and that is basically it.
                              wow, that was really nice of them! yeah idc about roller coasters, i didnt go on them even when i didnt have the fusion. lol but right now i feel almost back to myself and its only been 4 weeks.
                              -Marissa-
                              FUSED *T3-L1*

Comment

Working...
                              X