PDA

View Full Version : corneal graft soon

Jimbo
10-23-2008, 12:59 AM
Hello folks, well, I am going in to get my corneal graft on my left eye soon as I can't see much at all out of it. The procedure will be a deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty, in which they will try and preserve my corneal endothelial cells to reduce the risk of graft rejection.

I just need to ask you all one thing. If I get this graft, could it complicate or void me for scoliosis surgery in the future? I am just concerned that the eye may start to reject after going through such an traumatic procedure as a spinal fusion. Anyone have any ideas on this.

Please say a prayer for me :) I really need this eye operation to work. I don't know if I could handle any more bad news at the moment.

fortuna secunda!

discombobulated
10-23-2008, 01:17 AM
Jimbo,

I can't answer you, but just wanted to wish you luck. Fingers are crossed that you can have both ops without them affecting one another - & that these are the last of your surgeries!

Take care.

Qikdraw
10-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Jimbo,

Fingers crossed, happy thoughts and well wishes sent your way. :)

Brad

Susie*Bee
10-23-2008, 01:55 PM
Same here, Jimbo. I'm praying for you. Keep us posted. :) Susie

sasha
10-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Don't know the answer to your question, but wanted to wish you all the very best for your eye op and hope everything goes well. xx :)

loves to skate
10-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Hi Jimbo,
Sorry I can't answer your question either. All I know is that my cousin's husband had a corneal transplant and can see well for the first time in his life. I will say a prayer for you. Sally