corneal graft soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corneal graft soon

Hello folks, well, I am going in to get my corneal graft on my left eye soon as I can't see much at all out of it. The procedure will be a deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty, in which they will try and preserve my corneal endothelial cells to reduce the risk of graft rejection.

I just need to ask you all one thing. If I get this graft, could it complicate or void me for scoliosis surgery in the future? I am just concerned that the eye may start to reject after going through such an traumatic procedure as a spinal fusion. Anyone have any ideas on this.

Please say a prayer for me I really need this eye operation to work. I don't know if I could handle any more bad news at the moment.

fortuna secunda!
    45L/40T
    Surgery 25/1/2010
    Australia

Knowthyself

Scoliosis Corrected 25/1/2010 by Dr Angus Gray, Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Sydney. Fused T3-L4.

Jimbo,

I can't answer you, but just wanted to wish you luck. Fingers are crossed that you can have both ops without them affecting one another - & that these are the last of your surgeries!

Take care.

Comment

Jimbo,

Fingers crossed, happy thoughts and well wishes sent your way.

Brad
      Surgeries July 26th & August 3rd 1983 (12 years old)
      Still have 57 degree curve
      2 Harrington rods
      Luque method used
      Dr David Bradford
      Twin Cities Scoliosis Center
      Preop xray (with brace on)
      Postop xray

Comment

Same here, Jimbo. I'm praying for you. Keep us posted. Susie
        Last edited by Susie*Bee; 10-23-2008, 01:58 PM.
        71 and plugging along... but having some problems
        2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
        5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
        Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
        CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
        10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Don't know the answer to your question, but wanted to wish you all the very best for your eye op and hope everything goes well. xx

Comment

Hi Jimbo,
            Sorry I can't answer your question either. All I know is that my cousin's husband had a corneal transplant and can see well for the first time in his life. I will say a prayer for you. Sally
            Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
            Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
            Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
            Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
            New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
            Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
            X