An old injury!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An old injury!

Finally I know what is causing most of my neck pain!
    I saw a new PT last week and she felt around my painful neck muscle for ages-it hurt! She said she could feel a knot and that when I pulled my neck rolling forward on a trampline 2 years ago(tut tut) I damaged the muscle which can cause scar tissue around it causing it to be tight.
    She said to get my husband to massage it-too painful! and that she will try infra red on it.
    After this I pulled a muscle in my lower back and Im in a lot of pain! Its also keeping me awake.It seems to be one thing after another! Do any of you feel that you are always hurting somehting in your back?
    Sorry to moan on so much but Im really fed-up
    Fused T2-L4 with costoplasty on 3/11/10

Its what we are here for! Vent and moan all you want.

And yes I do feel as if I am always hurting something. Right now I have lower back pain, that gets worse day by day, until my wife massages the knots out, then we start the cycle over again. This is with me taking gabapentin and naproxin, the knots in my lower back just keep coming back. I tell my wife I would be a perfect massage dummy for massage schools as I just keep getting knotted up.

Brad
    Surgeries July 26th & August 3rd 1983 (12 years old)
    Still have 57 degree curve
    2 Harrington rods
    Luque method used
    Dr David Bradford
    Twin Cities Scoliosis Center
    Preop xray (with brace on)
    Postop xray

Comment

My pain is creeping up my spine. I was fused T12-L5 and it fused to S1 on its own. I have had nerve ablations on T8-T12 and am going back tomorrow to set up appointment for ablations on T-T8 to get rid of pain. Now it hurts to sit at the computer for more than a few minutes. We got a laptop and I have tried all different positions and places around the house without luck. Hopefully soon I will be able to spend more time at the computer.
      T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
      2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
      3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
      Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

Originally posted by bluestone View Post
        Do any of you feel that you are always hurting somehting in your back?
        yes, one day my left lumbar will hurt, the next my right thoracic will hurt.
        my shoulders hurt when my lower back is feeling ok.

it seems like different areas are try to compensate for each other, and the pain just cycles.

Comment

Working...
        X