PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, it's me Debbe!

debbei
10-18-2008, 09:38 AM
I'm tired and pooped but feel so much better after last night with the private nurse The first night sucked because they some sprinal fluid in the upper spine during the surger, they 'fixed' it but wanted me to slay flat as a precaution.

I just had a long term pain medicine. (YEAH) so I'm starting to get groggy. I'll post more details later. LOVE YOU GUYS you are the best. I did walk down the hall today, had the catheter taken out and PEED by myself (wiping too). YEAH AGIAN!!

leahdragonfly
10-18-2008, 10:21 AM
Dear Debbe

Wow, it's great to hear from you, and I'm glad you are doing so well!

I've been thinking about you a lot, and was happy to read the positive updates from hubby.

Take care, you'll be on your way home before you know it now,

Gayle

Geish
10-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Hey Debbe I am so proud of you. I know the rest of recovery will be a piece of cake. Yea for peeing by yourself...and wiping too!
XO Geish

str8nnup
10-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Debbe,

It's great to see that you are doing good! Glad that everything went well for you. I'll talk to ya later. Best of luck on a speedy recovery! :)

Susie*Bee
10-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Debbe-- that's so wonderful that you are able to use the computer a little-- and about your success in the bathroom! Yes, we are all so proud of you! Baby steps to begin with, of course, but you are doing great! Looking forward to more success stories! :) Susie

loves to skate
10-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Hi Debbe,

I'm so happy that your surgery is behind you at last. Keep taking those deep breaths though to benefit your lungs and get plenty of rest. Sally

Qikdraw
10-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Great to hear you are doing well Debbe! :) Keep up the good work!

Brad

discombobulated
10-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Debbe, how great to hear from you so soon! Congrats on the walking, & of course the peeing (& the wiping!) ;) Hope those pain meds are doing the trick for you.

I can't wait for you to post one day in the next couple of months along the lines of, "man, I've come so far & I'm so glad I got this done." Those days will come. For now, take care & get plenty of sleep.

bsprings
10-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Hi Debbe!
Congrats on getting through the surgery! I can't believe you walked the halls and went to the bathroom- those were things I couldn't accomplish for at least 2 weeks! I knew you would sail through this- So happy for you!!
Cathie

JenniferG
10-18-2008, 06:08 PM
That's fantastic Debbe. You're doing so well. It must be great to have the surgery behind you and already you're making progress into your recovery. Yee Har! :D

Jen

sccrm08
10-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Debbe,

I can't beleave you are on the computer so soon, I can barely remember anything from the hospital all I wanted was to be given more meds for the pain. I hope it continues to go so well for you.

best wishes,

Louisse
10-19-2008, 05:04 AM
Hi Debbe
you are amazing - posting from the hospital WOW
i hope that your recovery continues at the same rate
i wish you lots of luck you are being so brave and positive I am sure you will get through this amazingly well
Louisse

txmarinemom
10-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Can't wait to hear more from you, Debbe ... I knew you come through fantastically!

Hugs,
Pam

wendyh
10-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Hi Debbie-I was dying to talk to you before my surgery on oct 6th but I had to wait for administration to allow it so I actually had to leave for the hospital before I was able to talk with you.I am only one week ahead of you and what a difference a week makes!!! My family and everyone who comes to see me basically freaks out. First because my movements seem almost normal, second because I don't look haggard and beat down the way I did a week ago, and 3rd because I have gained almost 2 inches.Who would have thought at almost 50 years old I can finally persue my dreams of becoming a model. JUST KIDDING! But in many ways I feel like I get to have a second chance to do alot of things that I always backed away from because my back would hurt.
I am so looking forward to following your progress!

wendy
age 49
surgery OCT 6, 2008
lumbar correction 47-7 degrees
currently inpatient rehab and doing great

JenniferG
10-19-2008, 05:22 PM
For me, it's great to read of Debbe's and Wendy's recoveries. You two really do give me hope. All the best to you both for continued brilliant recoveries!

Debra JGL
10-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Debbe,

It's so GREAT to here from you on this side of your surgery. Congratulations, you are an inspiration (though you're probably too tired to feel like one)!! I wish you all the best as your body heals and you get stronger and stronger in your recovery. Looking forward to reading future updates.

Deb

JoAnn5
10-21-2008, 09:31 AM
Congratulations, Debbe!! Can you tell how proud we all are of you?? Get lots of rest, walk all you can, and forget about the rest of things. Watch only funny, happy things on TV. (NO Jerry Springer!!!) Keep us up to date on your progress... We love ya. JoAnn

Ginger W.
10-24-2008, 11:56 PM
I'm a bit late on this post, since I've been unplugged for a week while visiting grandkids.

None-the-less, I'd just like to send a big HIGH FIVE to you, Debbe!

You made it to the Other Side.

Keep us updated, gal!

mariaf
10-25-2008, 07:36 PM
A bit late here as well, but I am thrilled that your surgery is over Debbe. My best wishes for a speedy recovery!

lelc2002@yahoo
10-27-2008, 05:08 AM
Hi Debbe,
I have not checked in quite a while on the forum & I was so happy to hear of your successful surgery!! I knew you'd do great! It was a pleasure to meet you this past spring/summer--all my best & hope for us all to reunite when you are recovered and driving. -Lynne:)