PDA

View Full Version : I am home.

Nancy Joy
10-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Hi All- we just pulled in a few minutes ago and I am going to go rest. Everything went perfect and I have astounded everyone, including myself, with my progress. Deb- do not be afraid. It is so much better "recovering" than getting ready. You will be fine. I will be in touch again in the next couple of days. Someone stole my cell phone there so it really blew communication links for me. I was honored to realize everyone was so worried about me. I am really sorry about that and luckily, it was very needless worry.

Thanks- Nancy Joy:D

str8nnup
10-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Nancy Joy congrats on a successful surgery! So glad to here that everything went great for you. Sorry to hear about your cell phone. Take care and hopefully see updates soon.:)

discombobulated
10-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Nancy Joy,

So glad to hear you're recovering smoothly - & home already! Still, don't push yourself too much just yet...take good, gentle care of yourself :)

Thinking of you.

Qikdraw
10-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Nancy Joy

So glad to hear you are doing well and are up and around! It still shocks me how far 25 years of medical advancement has gone since I had my surgery. :) Please keep us updated on your progress over the next few weeks.

Don't forget to add in before and after pictures and xrays for Susie's scrapbook! :)

loves to skate
10-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi Nancy Joy,
I'm glad that your surgery went so well and that you are home already. God is good! Gentle hugs and here's hoping for a rapid and uneventful recovery.
Sally

Louisse
10-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi Nancy-Joy
just wanted to say welcome home and to say rest, rest, rest and don't feel bad about it.
wishing you a smooth recovery
all the best for the next few weeks
Louissex

txmarinemom
10-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Congrats, Nancy Joy ... and I hope you set the standard for all the upcomings.

May they breeze through as easily!

Regards,
Pam

augemac
10-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Nancy Joy,

So Glad to hear that everything went well for you and that you are home so soon! Wow things have changed to much over the years. Can't believe it. Can't wait to hear more!

Rest and take care.
Adrienne

Ginger W.
10-14-2008, 11:26 PM
I am here, giving you a standing ovation, Nancy Joy!!!

On day six, where you are right now, I was telling my kids about the monkeys and bears playing together outside the hospital window! (Morphine did some trippy things to me.)

You have crossed this first bridge amazing well. Keep going, gal!

JenniferG
10-15-2008, 12:06 AM
Congratulations Nancy Joy! I'm thrilled to learn how well your surgery went. How amazing to be home in 6 days. Take it easy now, and don't overdo things. I'll be watching you and Debbei over the next few months with great interest! I'm so glad the surgery is over for you and you can get on with the business of recovery.

debbei
10-15-2008, 02:42 AM
Nancy Joy,

Thank you so much for posting so soon. Reading your note right now made me feel so much better. Get some rest and we'll compare stories in a few weeks. :)

Susie*Bee
10-15-2008, 06:06 AM
Dear Nancy Joy-- Wow, I'm impressed! Not only were you home on day 6, you were able to type on the computer!!! It was wonderful to hear from you! :D Take care, rest up, listen to your body language-- it will speak to you and let you know when you're pushing too hard. Remember that walking is really good for you. And hearing from you is really good for us! ;) Looking forward to more posts when you feel up to it! Gentle hugs, Susie

JoAnn5
10-15-2008, 01:17 PM
congratulations and welcome home, Nancy. Sleep all you want to and don't feel guilty about it.... also... you don't even have to wear a bra if you don't want to!!!!

Lol, Ginger.... I saw goats climbing the trees and eating the leaves in the landscape paintings in my hospital room..... Good old morphine!! lol. So Nancy... just go with the flow and don't be surprised by whatever you might see along the way...lol.

Thinking of you!! JoAnn