Very worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very worried

Hi everyone as some of you know i had my op first time op in May 21st so nearly 5 months post op, woke up a couple weeks ago and i couldnt move, the docs and everyone put it down to the fact that i had done a very long walk first one since the op.
    But this morning i woke up and had the same thing this time the pain did not go away and i still have it now and it is very bad so bad that i have been put back on Morphine and Tramadol and another pain killer which is an anti-inflamition drug which is very strong its not one you buy over the counter.
    My doc wanted me to go to physio aswell but i refused because last time i went they made the pain i had worse not better, so i rang up exeter hospital where i had the op and my surgeon's securtary said she had left a note for him and that she would ring me when he had given her an answer on what to do, well she never rang so it got quite late so i rang back and she said yes he had got back to, she didnt say why she hadnt phoned me, but he is not happy for me to have physio either and he wants me to go back and have a x-ray and scan if they cant find wht is wrong by the x-ray, but he cant see me till 19th November which means i have to put up with this until then.

I have no idea what has caused it but i cant support my weight on that leg and i cant drive because i cant use the clucth, I am very worried that something has gone wrong, i am hoping it is ok but i dont know wat it could be i did get this after the op but i use to get back to sleep and by morning it had gone but this time it hasnt and i aint sleeping cause of it either so i am knackered and very run down.
    And at the mo wishing i never had this done, i was doing soo well aswell.

Angela
    xx

P.S. sorry bout long message
    Angela, 25 England.
    75 curve top of spine, and getting worse slowly.
    Surgery on 21st May 2008. T3-L4
    Op went well 20ish degree curve now.
    May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

November 19th is a long time to wait. I do hope your pain goes away, like it did last time. But if it doesn't, you may need to be very assertive with your surgeon's office so you can get seen earlier OR, at the very least, so your x-rays will be evaluated right away.

I wish you all the best.
    Ginger
    Ginger Woolley

Oct 2018, L3 - S1, Anterior & Posterior, Dr Sigurd Berven, UCSF, San Francisco
    May 2008, T4 - L3, Dr. Ohenaba Boachie, Hospital for Special Surgery, NYC
    Sept 1967, T4 - T 11, without instrumentation, Dr Thomas Brown, Stanford

Comment

Angela,

I really hope you can get an earlier appointment & get this sorted quickly.

When I read your message, I was struck by how similar it sounded to Diane's recent problems - http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7744. Not that that really helps you out, but it sure makes me super curious, lol.

I hope you can both find some answers SOON.

Best of luck to you.

PS. you're "long" message has a lot of growing to do to catch up to some of my ramblings Please keep posting.

Comment

Angela,

I'm so sorry that you're having problems. I hope they can figure something out for you soon and that you can get some relief.

((Hugs))

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
        Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
        Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
        Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
        Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Working...
        X