need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice

I hope this question is appropriate for this forum. If not, please accept my apology. I got terrible news yesterday. I have had several surgeries (haven't we all?). I am trying to line up revision surgery for my neck first, then my spine. It will take a few months due to other family issues. I have been in pain management for a few years now. My pain Dr was arrested yesterday! I saw it on the local evening news. I am on what some may consider high dose of medication, but it is very necessary. I don't know where or how to find another Dr. I don't have the stamina to sit in waiting room after waiting room only to be told that we don't write those kinds of meds, or that we must start over and jump through the hoops only to prove that "no that is not effective" How do you find a Dr & ask these kinds of questions on the phone? I am in so much pain that it amazes me that it does not take your life. I never would have believed that this much pain would not kill you. I learned that it does not kill you, but it sure takes the quality of life & causes many issues. I feel so hurt by his actions. Why would he do this to people who are suffering? I'm sorry to rant, I just needed to talk to someone. I appreciate everyone here.
    scoli appeared age 15
    untreated until age 30
    41* T & 72* L
    Harrington Rod T4 to L4
    33* T & 53* L
    neck instrumentation C3-4,C4-5,C6-7
    Revision coming up in Nov. 2012

You shouldn't have to be on medication.

Contact Beatriz Torres. She is a post-op scoliosis patient herself, who had to give up her physiotherapist career a number of years ago because of increasing pain. Fortunately she discovered a benign method to solve the pain problem, got treatment, and is now practicing again, specializing in scoliosis. She's in California, but if you can send some digital photos she can often help a lot via email or over the phone.

www.scoliosispt.net/
    Last edited by Writer; 10-13-2008, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Hi Taylor,

Whether you should be on medication or not is not our question to answer.
      If I were you, I would call the Dr. who sent you for pain management in the first place and have him get you a referral to another pain management Dr. Was the Doc that got arrested in practice by himself or did he have partners? If he has partners, I would call the office to get an appointment with one of the other Docs.
      Sally
      Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
      Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
      Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
      Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
      New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
      Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
      X