PDA

View Full Version : This Scar

lisanicole
10-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Hey forum!

I have been coming to this forum (mostly as an observer) for as LONG as I can remember. I would like to say since I was 15 or 16 (and I'm now 25), has it been around that long?

I am a singer/songwriter, and finally 8 years after my surgery I've written a song about my journey with scoliosis. It's still very new (only a week or so old) but last night my brother Brent & I made a you tube video of it and I posted it this morning. I would love for you - all my friends, that I feel share a special bond through our scoliosis - to take a listen to it.

I really hope you like the lyrics and can identify with it, it's called "This Scar."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GFUvQG-7ks

danceISlife
10-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Wow, I am so impressed!! It's awesome, and you have such a beautiful voice! The song is really powerful and just gorgeous! You have so much talent! =]

loves to skate
10-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Hi Lisanicole,
Very nice job! Thanks for sharing. Sally

JenniferG
10-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Beautiful!

mmw
10-08-2008, 12:42 PM
How beautiful! That brought me to tears!
Would you mind if I shared it with friends on my blog?

Qikdraw
10-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Very nice! My wife loved it too!

I do have one question though... Are you going to update the song for every year the scar gets older? :D

Brad

nzgirl
10-09-2008, 03:15 AM
I loved it! You have an amazing voice, and I love the piano too. I liked this verse. It's fitting.

With this scar,
That represents my life
A good old fashioned fight
The willingness to survive
This scar
Says it's okay to be scared
It's okay if you're scared
But be prepared

debbei
10-09-2008, 06:34 AM
Lisanicole,

I LOVED it; thank you very much; I needed to hear that right now. SNIFF....

lisanicole
10-09-2008, 11:23 AM
OH YAY. :)

I was a little apprehensive posting it, but thanks for all your lovely words! I'm so happy that you like it.

Qikdraw - I asked myself that question, I guess everytime I perform it I can update it as the years go by! :)

mmw - Please, share it with anyone you want!

I have been posting videos on youtube for a few months, and never had one with so many views so quickly.... exciting. Thanks everyone!

Ginger W.
10-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Dear Lisa Nicole,

I saw the lyrics of this song on your blog and loved them! How much more powerful to hear them sung by you.

I appreciate your sharing them with the people who would find it the most meaningful.

Are you okay if I post the lyrics (crediting you) and a link to the video on MY blog?

A vocalist really has to put herself 'out there' and I admire the way you've done that!

lisanicole
10-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Dear Lisa Nicole,

Are you okay if I post the lyrics (crediting you) and a link to the video on MY blog?

A vocalist really has to put herself 'out there' and I admire the way you've done that!

Ginger,

Yes I'd love for you to put the lyrics on your blog. Which I have visited! :)
Thanks for the lovely words.

mmw
10-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Thank you! I posted it on my blog and have shared it with other friends, it truly is amazing, even my husband LOVED it!

trulyaries
10-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Lisanicole
I'm a little late to the party, but wanted you to know that I loved the song - it brought me to tears. ;) Thanks for sharing.

Louisse
10-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Hi Lisanicole
I haven't posted since my surgery 'til now...but I felt moved to comment - wow a very moving, lovely song - thanks for posting the link here - beautifully sung and excellent pianist.
Louisse
PS Long post due soon (I promise!)

Susie*Bee
10-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Good to hear from you Louisse! And Lisanicole, I haven't posted because I haven't gotten a chance to listen to it yet... I have dial-up internet and that just doesn't cut it... but I am looking forward to hearing your song and beautiful voice. :)