PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard any word on Nancy Joy?

txmarinemom
10-06-2008, 08:23 PM
I know she was up today ... hope someone was designated point of contact and can give a report. Been hoping all went well ...

Nancy Joy
10-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Hi- they switched my surgery to Wednesday. How nice you are asking. I have been getting all the last minute stuff ready and will leave tomorrow for KC. I have been in touch with Susie*Bee by email. If someone would send me a phone number, I will have a family member call. My hubby not into computers and we don't have a laptop. Thanks!

Ginger W.
10-06-2008, 11:38 PM
I lit a candle for you this morning, Nancy Joy! I'd light one on Wednesday, but I'm going to be hitting the road and taking a five-hour drive to see a new grandbaby. None-the-less, my thoughts will be with you as I travel!

It's a little tough to get a date change! Hang in there just a little longer . . .

Best Wishes!
Ginger

txmarinemom
10-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Nancy Joy ... Wednesday it is. I'll be thinking of you.

Don't be scared (easier said than done, i know). It's going to be SO much better in time ;-).

Hang tight. I know the delay must have thrown you off ... it would have me!

Hugs,
Pam

Nancy Joy
10-07-2008, 12:02 AM
"You will go to sleep and then eventually, you will wake up"- that is my mantra! and I laugh everytime I think it- it's kind of like- Thank God, I'll be asleep- feel for my family cause I remember my daughters surgery and how long that is!!! You are all so encouraging and I know I will be in good hands. Ready to be "on the other side" of this!!

txmarinemom
10-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Good mantra to have ... you may wake up thinking "What the he ...?!", but it will come back to you soon where you are, and that you are past an important stage!

Pam

discombobulated
10-07-2008, 12:42 AM
A change of date so late in the game?! :eek:

Well, I'll uncross all my fingers for now, but know that they'll all be back in position on Wednesday.

Wishing you the very, very best in surgery & for recovery.

JoAnn5
10-07-2008, 02:53 AM
Good luck from me too!! I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday!!

JenniferG
10-07-2008, 03:30 AM
Good luck Nancy Joy. I'll be thinking of you and watching out for news so I hope someone's given you their number. Take care and smooth sailing.:)

Jen

debbei
10-07-2008, 05:16 AM
Nancy Joy,

I"m sorry you had a date change at the last minute. I will be thinking of you on Wednesday!

sasha
10-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Hi Nancy Joy - bit late on this thread, but wanted to send all my best wishes to you for Wednesday. Hope everything goes really well. You'll soon be on the recovery trail. :)

loves to skate
10-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi NancyJoy,
Sorry to hear about the change in surgery date. Mine was changed twice but sooner than later which is a whole lot easier to take. You will just get a double up on the prayers which certainly can't hurt. Take good care, Sally

Susie*Bee
10-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Nancy sent me an email this morning just before she left to head out... they were driving to the destination today, she needs to check in at 5:45 a.m.(central time) tomorrow morning and her surgery is scheduled for 8:00. Her surgeon said it may last up to about 12 hours. She has a couple of our phone numbers, so she will have her husband get the word to one of us.

Also, her surgery had been switched a couple of weeks ago, so it wasn't totally at the last minute that it was changed. She had posted the change in the thread she started back when it was actually Oct. 6th.

I know she really appreciates everyone's care and concern.

sunnyday
10-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Nancy Joy,
I'm posting this after 11:00 p.m on the 7th, so not sure if you'll get this before your surgery. But, hope all goes well, with surgery and recovery. Let us know what's happening with you...........Stephanie ( sunnyday)

Qikdraw
10-08-2008, 03:11 PM
OK I am really late to this thread, but I hope things went well. :)

Brad

str8nnup
10-08-2008, 07:05 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has heard how Nancy Joy is doing?

Susie*Bee
10-08-2008, 07:16 PM
I haven't heard anything yet. She said she'd have her husband call me or Ginger. If it really is lasting about 12 hours, she won't even be out for another hour... If he calls here, I'll post right away.

Your date is coming up pretty soon too. Thinking of you!

Ginger W.
10-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Haven't heard yet either, although I've worn my cell phone religiously all day AND I lit a candle for her. Again.

txmarinemom
10-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Yep ... been checking this thread all day, fingers crossed.

*sigh.

The waiting on everyone (for news) is always tough!

discombobulated
10-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Ginger, I saw you come online & hoped you came bearing news....thanks for the update of no news anyway.

Thinking much of her....keep telling myself that with well wishes from all over the globe, she can't go wrong. Still, all fingers crossed....

Luckily I have nowhere to go today! :)

JenniferG
10-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Another Aussie watching and waiting.:)

discombobulated
10-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Me thinks NSF needs a chat "waiting" room, where we can get together & chat while we wait impatiently for news on days like this, lol.

I hope she's at least out of surgery by now...

debbei
10-09-2008, 02:58 AM
I can't sleep. I was hoping to find news on Nancy Joy now. Hopefully in the AM.

discombobulated
10-09-2008, 03:04 AM
The waiting's a killer....hopefully "no news is good news"....ugh..

trishthedish
10-09-2008, 03:48 AM
Prayers for you here as well, Nancy. Hope to hear the good word soon!

Susie*Bee
10-09-2008, 05:10 AM
Just to let all you "waiters" know-- I didn't hear anything, and I'll be heading off to work in a little bit. Hopefully her husband will give Ginger a call. By the time her surgery was over and she was in recovery, he may just have thought it was too late to be calling people.

discombobulated
10-09-2008, 05:34 AM
Very true. Thanks for the non-update ;)

It's getting late here so I'll be quitting with the lurking soon, too. Here's to hoping for news tomorrow (well, tomorrow my time).

mmw
10-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Nancy has been in my thoughts as well the last couple of days, wishing her a wonderful recovery, and hope to hear from her soon. I'll be saying a special prayer for her tonight.

Ginger W.
10-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Another non-update!

No call yet.

Unfortunately, Nancy Joy's husband has my phone number but I don't have his number. I'm wondering if he's got too much on his mind right now to remember she had this group of friends on the forum.

In fact, we may have to face it that he could forget all together! I hope not!!!

Of course, I'm the gal who you didn't give an update until a MONTH after surgery. (I just wasn't as grounded in the forum at that time.)

I promise that I'll post if I get a call!

discombobulated
10-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks, Ginger.

Isn't it just amazing that people all over the world are caring & waiting to hear.

I can understand if her husband has just plain forgotten us, but I hope not. I so hope that all is well.

Susie*Bee
10-10-2008, 04:39 AM
Same here, gang. I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully he'll remember or in a few days she'll think to ask if he did. I'm just assuming all is well, and am continuing to keep her in prayer.

JoAnn5
10-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Watching & praying here too!!

str8nnup
10-10-2008, 05:35 PM
I was just wondering if there is any news this evening on Nancy? I will keep watching and keeping her and her family in my prayers,

Qikdraw
10-10-2008, 07:22 PM
I think I've checked 5 times today.

*sigh*

Waiting is sooo hard! :)

Susie*Bee
10-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Sorry, still no word here. It's quite possible that he feels awkward calling someone he doesn't know. I'm sure he has NO IDEA that so many people are watching for word, or he would have called. We'll hear eventually. "Patience" in the meantime.

JenniferG
10-10-2008, 09:50 PM
It must be a tremendously stressful time for family as well, especially that first 48 hours or so.

Hopefully Nancy is sleeping through it, blissfully unaware that people are watching and waiting!

txmarinemom
10-11-2008, 12:14 AM
It must be a tremendously stressful time for family as well, especially that first 48 hours or so.

Hopefully Nancy is sleeping through it, blissfully unaware that people are watching and waiting!

I'd be PISSED if someone forgot to update on me (I did it myself, anyway, but ... still).

Does anyone know her hospital/surgeon? Yes, I realize there are HIPPA rules, but if you can send flowers (and you can), you can find out if she's in a room.

Anyone? This is silly.

mmw
10-11-2008, 11:46 AM
According to her first post she is at the KU Medical Center and per their website the phone number is 913-588-5800

I am still praying for her and hopefully we'll hear great news soon!

Nancy Joy
10-16-2008, 05:52 AM
Good Morning, all. What a wonderful feeling knowing so many cared and yes, there should be a chat waiting room! So sorry about the mix up where he thought he had called. I continue to do absolutely fabulous although my sleep patterns are just an hour or 2 at a time. I think that is partly due to having to pee all the time! I am still quite swollen but gaining ground. One of my sisters came Tuesday night and stayed till hubby got home yesterday. She got all laundry caught up, we fixed out a medicine chart and system and went grocery shopping in the afternoon. Also, got my hair "really" washed and have decided this is an area I will need some help with until I can take an actual shower. I kept "bonking" my head with my blow dryer.:eek: I found that hilarious and it reminded me of Weekend at Bernie's when he was hitting the bouys! I also remind people my brakes aren't working as good as my forward gear so I have to think "Stop ahead!" quite frequently.:o Boy, did I get straightened out!! Got to see in a mirror a couple of nights ago. That feeling was "beyond" tears and right into the speechless category in life. :D I am also taller but not sure "exactly" how much yet. I will be getting a set of x-rays to post one of these days. I do not have many restrictions but the "few" sure incompass "a lot"! No twisting, bending, or leaning and no weight over 5 lbs. Alrighty then! and I can do- ??? Just having fun. I know my biggest challenge will be to not over due as this is all going so well. Well, I will stop so you don't cringe when you see my name on a post!! Thanks, hug and prayers to all of you, your families, co-workers and friends who are helping with the "help". :D:D:D

str8nnup
10-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Nancy,

Congrats on a successful surgery! I am glad everything went well. Take care and talk to ya soon.

JenniferG
10-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Great to hear from you Nancy Joy and to hear that you're doing so well. You've been in my thoughts a lot because your surgery is similar to what I'm having (mine is T5-Sacrum). If I fare half as well as you, I'll be happy. Do you still have anterior surgery coming up? I'm only having posterior.

Fantastic to know you're straight at last. Does it feel different? Are you eating normally yet? How's the pain management?

Take good care and hope to hear more from you soon.

Jen

discombobulated
10-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Nancy Joy,

It's so great to hear that you're doing well & got huge correction - & they left your sense of humour in tact, too ;)

Hope you can take a nice, hot shower soon - the first few post-hospital ones, in the comfort of your home are SO good, lol.

Wishing you a smooth recovery. I hope the 2nd op's no longer needed.

Take care & keep us posted when you can :)

Nancy Joy
10-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Great to hear from you Nancy Joy and to hear that you're doing so well. You've been in my thoughts a lot because your surgery is similar to what I'm having (mine is T5-Sacrum). If I fare half as well as you, I'll be happy. Do you still have anterior surgery coming up? I'm only having posterior.

Fantastic to know you're straight at last. Does it feel different? Are you eating normally yet? How's the pain management?

Take good care and hope to hear more from you soon.

Jen

Hi Jen- I will have the 2nd surgery still. It is to do a fusion from the front on the lowest 3 vertebrae to stabilize that area real well to hopefully head off any future problems. I am eating normally and the pain management is pretty good. I, like so many others, have to accept that I am not going to become super woman in a day. Now, something is wrong with that picture!!! Ha. Keep posting !!!
Nancy

JenniferG
10-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Morning Nancy Joy. Thanks for answering my questions! When is your second surgery? Keep up with the fantastic recovery!