Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to scoliosis

hello all,
    my name is shell and i am a 31 year old female..i found out in august of this year i have scoliosis.my life over the past several years have been very painful.and up until this august i never had a dr be able to tell me what my problem was.i actually went to a chiropractor cause we have been trying to have a baby and were told if the nerves were messed up it could cause our miscarriages..unknown to me there was way more going on than that..
    i have had a rib that sticks out on my right side for a long time but the doctors could never tell me why on that either.from what i have read now that is a good sign of scoliosis.don't understand why i was never checked.

this chiropractor i went and seen showed me on my x-rays the big curve in my back.i also have bone spurs all the way down my spine,and a bone fragment in my neck from a wreck we had way back,and my right hip is pushed forward.wow alot more than i expected to find out,,but i am soo thankful becuase there is actually a reason for all the pain..
    has anyone else been diagnosed this late in life? and do you have constant pain also???
    thanks for listening and any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome, there are lots of nice, helpful people here. many with pain.

I was diagnosed with scoliosis and kyphosis in January. I am 36 years old.

I have an S curve below my forward kyphosis curve.

I also started at the chiro about 5 years ago. He never told me what the S was in my back, and I wasn't smart enough to know on my own.

He asked if I had seen this before I said "no" and that was it.

8 months and countless appointments later I was still in awful pain.
    I'm bitter towards the chiropractor now.

My dr put me into physical therapy, and it has been an uphill struggle with that, but it does seem to be finally starting to help.

I can stand up straight for the first time in my life

Comment

Working...
    X