Tingling 6 months post op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tingling 6 months post op

Hi guys, I'm officially 6 months post op and 5 days! xD I'm doing alright, but I do have some concerns. For about a month now (yes I'm one of those people who never talks about something they are worried about the most until a large amount of time has passed xD) I have been experiencing occasional tingling in my right scapula that crosses under the arm over to my chest. (Tingling like how your foot feels after it 'falls asleep') It's been happening more often for longer periods of time now, and I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if it is nerves growing back or something out of the ordinary. I've also experienced a cold streak along my left scapula and minor-ish aches and pains. I feel tired/headachey/slightly dizzy at times especially around mid-day as well, and I tend to associate it with my back. I just feel gross xD is this normal? The soonest appointment is sadly October the 21st, but at least I have one! xD

Thank you for all your support and help along the way, and good luck to those of you who are partaking in the experience!
    Pre-Op:
    UT-35*. T-55*, L-30*
    16 year old girl
    Fusion- T5- T12 on March 17th 2008
    Post-OP:
    UT-27*, T/L-very straight : ]

Hi Sanah,

My daughter had her surgery 9 days after you.

She hasn't complained of those issues.

They sound like the nerves growing back as you said. Maybe some other folks with comment.

The tiredness/headache/dizziness does not sound like it is likely related to your surgery. It sounds like low blood sugar maybe or something else. You should ask your pediatrician about it in my opinion and not ignore it.

Good luck.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Hi Sanah

I can't comment much on the tingling, Sheena hasn't had this sensation that I'm aware of but I've seen some here who've had that and relate it to the nerves.

On the tiredness, etc. Sheena will still have days where she's somewhat achey and tired, just not feeling 100%. She had to carry a lot of books around a few days ago and started having aching in her hip that gave her a load of trouble after surgery. Anyways, I don't know for sure if this is normal after so many months but she's doing just fine otherwise so we take it day by day. If I ever feel like it's a real problem, I will have her checked out by her pediatrician but since most of these issues always resolve after a few days, we aren't stressing over it. If it's affecting you too often, you might want to get some lab work done by your family doctor. Besides the sugar, I would also suggest a CBC for anemia.

Take care,

Comment

Sanah,

I'm 7 months post-op, and the tingly symptoms started for me much earlier. In fact, as I type this, I'm sitting here scratching a phantom itch. My symptoms were/are definitely nerve related, but I never had the "tired/headachey/slightly dizzy".

I suppose - depending on what nerves are involved - the other things *could* be nerve related as well. Ask your surgeon about Gabapentin/Neurontin and Lyrica.

Keep us posted.

Regards,
        Pam
        Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
        AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
        Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
        Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
        EMAIL ME

Comment

I also experienced some tingling except mine never went all the way to the front. also i got light headed and dissy, but it only happens if i havnt eaten anything for a while. I recieved a card from one of my nurses when i left the hospital and she told me to call her if i ever had any questions. Do you have a contact number for questions from a nurse or your surgeon?

Good Luck
          I'm 19 years old, had surgery 5 years ago
          3 curves Middle curve - 65 fused to 13 Bottom curve 35- fixed on it's own to 16!
          Fused from C7 to L1

Comment

Thank you everyone, you've been a great help. I think it must have been because I wasn't eating enough, I had only been eating about a pack of crackers a day during lunch xD. I've been trying to be more nutritious this week, and I haven't experienced the dizziness and such as much.
            Pre-Op:
            UT-35*. T-55*, L-30*
            16 year old girl
            Fusion- T5- T12 on March 17th 2008
            Post-OP:
            UT-27*, T/L-very straight : ]

Comment

Working...
            X