do you lean forward going up stairs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you lean forward going up stairs?

I've been noticing that I have to consciously straighten myself when I go up any staircase- it seems like my natural tendency is to lean forward as I go up each step, almost bent over. Anyone else notice a tendency to do this? Just curious. I didn't do this pre-surgery. Maybe because I'm watching my feet more now (scared of missteps and falling)?

Steff

Steff-- I don't remember when you had your surgery, but if it wasn't that long ago, that may have a lot to do with it. I don't think I lean forward very much, but I'll try to think about it next time I'm climbing stairs. If I am tired, I do use the banister more and pull myself up a little-- and probably "lean into" it, if you understand what I mean.

I totally understand what you mean about watching your feet more, which causes you to hunch over. I did that a LOT last summer when I wasn't that long out from surgery, and had to really work to fix that problem! I had pretty much gotten over it, but started doing it again recently when I'm out on recess duty. There are lots of holes out in the grassy area to roll your ankle in if you're not careful! I AM afraid of doing that-- or of getting run into by a herd of kids-- or hit in the back by a ball being thrown or kicked. Great Scott! There are so many things out there to scare some of us!
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Working...
    X