Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We just discovered the scoliosis.

Hello Everyone.

We are new to all of this and our heads are spinning with questions. My daughter's scoliosis was discovered through a sports physical several weeks ago and confirmed last week by our ortho dr. We have been in for two series of x-rays and currently my daughter has a 25 -L and 29-T double curve. I have done some research and am really interested in Spinecor brace. Our ortho. was wanting to use a Boston brace. I was able to develop a plan with him to give the Spinecor brace a try and we have an appt. with Dr. Tom Pappas (chicago) next week. Our ortho. Dr stated that he was not educated on how to use the spinecor brace which is why he is hestitant for us to use it. He does however have a tech. who has had some experience with the brace and stated our daughter is the perfect canidate. Does anyone have experience with Spinecor brace or with Dr. Pappas of Chicago?? Thanks!!
    12 year old daughter
    diagnosed 8/08: 25t -29l double curve
    Spinecor brace 10/08 :23t -21l
    out of brace 12/08 : 35t-22l

There's lots of info on the SpineCor thread on this site. Just search for SpineCor or look at the list of threads under Bracing--parents there can give you lots of information. SpineCor didn't work for my son but there are kids with smaller curves who are seeing good results with it. Good luck!

Comment

Thank You!!!
      12 year old daughter

Comment

Hi Crazyabout3kids,

Try posting here:

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...4439#post64439

My daughter (11) wears a spinecor brace but we live the UK so I can't help with any info regarding Dr Pappas.

If you post in the spinecor thread (with a small c), I'm sure someone will come along soon.

Laura
        UK based Mum of Imogen, 38 degree curve at 9 years old. SpineCor since 15/6/07, 31 degrees in brace.
        10th December 07 - 27 degrees, 23rd June 08 - 26 degrees, Feb 09 - 24 degrees, Aug 09 - 35 degrees, Jul 10 - 47 degrees, Dec 10 - 50+ degrees.
        Surgery due to take place early December 2011 at the RNOH, England.

Comment

Thanks for the support!!! We are new to this and the initial shock has not worn off yet. How is your daughter doing?? My daughter is 12 years old and is dealing with it all pretty well. (Of corse, she has not been fitted for the brace yet.) Our appointment is now on 9-18 and I am still trying to research all I can!! I wish you and your daughter all the best!! Thanks!
          12 year old daughter

Comment

Working...
          X