Hiya 17 weeks post op (i think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiya 17 weeks post op (i think)

I had my op on 21st May i think that was about 17 weeks ago roughly.
    well i was ok for days weeks months, but then my dad decorated my room and i was moving things back my mum lifted my 32" TV back in my room but it wasnt where i wanted it and i was stubbon to ask for help like always and pulled my back liftiing it, but i dont think anything has moved i am just aching a little, like when i frist few weeks home from the op, but i havnt taken pain killers for it i would rather it hurt so i dint do anything stupid again.

Anyway i have bad news to go on top of what i have had done, my cat was very very ill i have 3 persians and the biggest male who is 9 was mine and cuddled me everynight after my op, and he had kidne problems a few weeks ago and got worse very very quickly and yesterday was the day i had to say goodbye, it wasnt fair making him suffer it feels awful cause he helped me through my rough time but i couldnt do anything for him...
    i stayed with him though and he was purring before they gave him the injection i think he was happy aswell because he was hurting a bit and i dint want him to get to bad i dint want to remember him like that.

R.I.P baby Leo.
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ss2307/Leo.jpg
    Angela, 25 England.
    75 curve top of spine, and getting worse slowly.
    Surgery on 21st May 2008. T3-L4
    Op went well 20ish degree curve now.
    May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

I know what its like to be stubborn and do things I shouldn't, then pay for it. I do agree if I stay hurting it helps to remind me (for a little while) to behave.
    I'm sorry you had to put Leo down. Its a very hard thing to do, we have had to put down 2 of our dogs. But you do know when its time, it really is better for them.
    Sharon
    2 60* curves, DDD, left trunk shift, some rotation, rib and lumbar humps, annular tear at L5-S1
    surgery 5/08 planning fusion T3 or T4 to sacrum with iliac fixation
    Dr. Anderson at Rothman Institute
    5/16/08 ALIF L1-L5
    5/23/08 fused T2-sacrum w/fixation and I'm all Titanium
    6/4/08 open all back up to clean out for Staph infection
    (left open with just clear dressing)
    6/6/08 recleaned and closed
    3/30/2012 revision planned, broken rod and removal of iliac bolts

Comment

I'm so sorry about your cat. It's tough to let a pet go, but when they're sick like that, it's far more humane than watching them suffer. And even though you know you did the right thing, I know it doesn't make it one bit easier .

As far as pulling something around 17 weeks, join the crowd, sister. I think we've all probably done it. It's around the time you start feeling too good for your own good - LOL.

Most likely you didn't damage anything (you'd be amazed how strong things are by 4 months or so), but just take it easy for now ... and ask for help. (I should take my own advice, but living alone, sometimes things just have to be done!).

Regards,
      Pam
      Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
      AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
      Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
      Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
      EMAIL ME

Comment

My dog has been my cuddle buddy through recovery. I have thought that if I didn't have this furry critter, I would have ADOPTED one to get me through the first few weeks. Animals really can promote healing. Besides, they seem to understand what we are going through. I'm glad Leo could have your companionship during his last few weeks of life.

I'm also happy to hear you are doing well, in spite moving around television sets. Wow. I am still telling the clerks at the grocery store to pack 'em light!
        Ginger Woolley

Oct 2018, L3 - S1, Anterior & Posterior, Dr Sigurd Berven, UCSF, San Francisco
        May 2008, T4 - L3, Dr. Ohenaba Boachie, Hospital for Special Surgery, NYC
        Sept 1967, T4 - T 11, without instrumentation, Dr Thomas Brown, Stanford

Comment

l have had cats that died from illness and it was devastating to me, so i can empathize with you about losing Leo. fortunately you have the other 2 cats to cuddle with (even if they don't want to). i just looked at his picture. what a handsome boy he was. take care of your self.
          avis
          1987 Lumbar Laminectomy (forget which levels)
          2005 A/P fusion, L2 - L5, 2/2005
          2009 2 Posterior fusions, T6 - Pelvis, 2/10 & 2/18,
          Dr. Frank Rand, NEBH

Comment

Angela-- I was sorry to read about your cat also. I know it's very difficult to deal with a sadness like that. It was really good that you were able to spend those last hours with him. And yes, he was a handsome fellow! Sending hugs your way... Susie
            71 and plugging along... but having some problems
            2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
            5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
            Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
            CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
            10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Working...
            X