PDA

View Full Version : ddd & scoliosis & other back issues

theizzard
08-20-2008, 05:18 AM
Hello everyone,:D
I was wondering if any of the older folks in particular have other back issues besides the scoliosis. I have degenerative disk disease and problems with l5-s1 in addition to scoliosis. I had a 3 level fusion to fix leg pain, which it did and at the time I thought it was to help my scoli but it didn't I was just curious to see if most people just have the scoli problem. i think about these things instead of doing the work i should be doing.
thanks,
avis:D

Susie*Bee
08-20-2008, 05:39 AM
Avis-- I had/have ddd, severe lumbar stenosis, arthritis, etc. besides my scoli.

trcylynn
08-20-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm only 23 and wasn't told I have ddd per say but that my L5/S1 Discs are degenerative and way more so than they should be at my age.

I have not had surgery to correct my back though as it is now "only" up to 27ish degrees.

loves to skate
08-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Hi Avis,
I was diagnosed with DDD and scoliosis of the lumbar spine 4 years ago. Which came first, the DDD or the scoliosis, or whether they are even related to one another, I don't have a clue. Sally

theizzard
08-20-2008, 07:08 PM
in my case, i think the ddd made the scoli worse than it needed to be. i was told i had scoli when i was around 40. i went to a doctor for back pain and she said do you know you have scoliosis. i didn't even know what it was so i asked her. what was strange was that i had a laminectomy(sp) a couple of years before and not a peep was mentioned about scoliosis. either it wasn't there or it wasn't bad or i don't no what.
avis:D