PDA

View Full Version : 6 month ck-up

titaniumed
08-19-2008, 10:38 PM
Hey guys

Just thought Id let you know that I had my 6 month ck-up yesterday and the Dr says Im completely fused!!! actually, it was 198 days. Im relieved!!! I thought Id bent my rods laying on my stomach.
He mentioned that the sucess was due to the anterior operation that was done on me before my posterior side. He did that due to the fact that I was so corked down low. Once again a synthetic allowgraft from Synthes was used, and he did not use any of my bone at all.

I still have to get my rotator cuff looked at and I have an appt next week. I will keep you guys posted

Things are good
Ed

laurieg6
08-19-2008, 11:07 PM
That's great news. Congratulations!

Susie*Bee
08-20-2008, 05:13 AM
Yay, Ed! That's super news! Keep us posted on what happens with your rotator cuff problem. In the meantime, go celebrate! :cool:

debbei
08-20-2008, 07:36 AM
Great news Ed! I am very happy for you.

loves to skate
08-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Hi Ed,
That is really awesome to be completly fused at 6 months. You and your Dr. did good. I am hoping for good news next week at my 9 month checkup. I didn't have a 6 months checkup. Sally

Suzy
08-20-2008, 09:05 PM
I thought Id bent my rods laying on my stomach. He said I was lucky.

Huh? How the heck does he think you were lucky, Ed? Is there something you aren't telling us about what you were doing while laying on your stomach? (You are going to scare the newbies into thinking they can bend rods by simply laying on their stomach.) Did you forget to mention the 900 lb masseuse that was leaning into your back...LOL!!

Good news on your check up = a margarita toast to you tonight!

Next up that rotator cuff. It's going to be a breeze comparatively speaking.

tillgurl
08-21-2008, 08:35 AM
IS sleeping on ur stomach bad after having surgery?
Haha because that's the only way I was able to sleep after coming off my pain killers! ;)

Pooka1
08-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Huh? How the heck does he think you were lucky, Ed? Is there something you aren't telling us about what you were doing while laying on your stomach? (You are going to scare the newbies into thinking they can bend rods by simply laying on their stomach.) Did you forget to mention the 900 lb masseuse that was leaning into your back...LOL!!

Okay that made me laugh out loud. Good one. :)

I'm betting the doctor just meant he was lucky to be able to sleep on his stomach at that point in recovery I'm guessing. Maybe many folks with long fusions can't lay on their stomach. who knows?

Clearly, there is no way a person can bend the rods without falling or some such.

I hope Ed clears the matter up as we all have other things to think about and we won't be able to think about them until he does. :D

titaniumed
08-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Yes, sleeping on your stomach right after surgey can be difficult after a long fusion. I didn’t bend my rods, but it sure felt like it. The x-rays proved my assumption wrong.

Ive been to quite a few Chiropractors and masseuses in my time and I must say that my Chiropractor is a little on the “light side”. Once he was trying to adjust my lower vert while I was tight and I mentioned that I needed a heavier Chiropractor, or 2 Chiropractors at a time!

Suzy,my masseuse (Rosie) isn’t exactly light. And that’s all the info you are going to get. LOL!

The bottom line on all this is that after surgery one should take it easy. No falls,no trips,no lifting and no masseuses named ‘Rosie”
Just kidding

tillgurl
08-22-2008, 10:24 AM
I had such trouble sleeping right after my surgery...I think because I came off my meds really soon, only a week after my surgery date, but once I was able to comfortably sleep on my stomach, I was sleeping in LLLATE! :D

Pooka1
08-22-2008, 11:36 AM
I had such trouble sleeping right after my surgery...I think because I came off my meds really soon, only a week after my surgery date, but once I was able to comfortably sleep on my stomach, I was sleeping in LLLATE! :D

Might I just inquire as to why you came off the prescription meds 7 days after your surgery? It seems very unusual. My daughter would have suffered needlessly if she had done that.

Thanks in advance.

tillgurl
08-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Because if I kept taking the pain killers, I'd have to keep taking laxatives....;)

I think it was probably too early to come off them...buttt whatevs, I was fine :)