Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a bulging disc be causing my strange symptoms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could a bulging disc be causing my strange symptoms?

Hi,

I have recently had an MRI scan which has shown some degeneration in my spine. I have bulging discs in my cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine. I have been told that if other people at the same age as me (25) picked off the street could have a spine like mine and not cause them any problems but due to my sensitivity and a certain chain of events it could be causing me pain. I am going to be having some pain injections (steroid & local anaesthetic) around the bulging disc in my thoracic spine. However, I am concerned as to whether or not this is in fact what is causing my usual symptoms, which I have had for 3 years. I have always suffered from migraines and have had problems with pain in my neck and shoulder before, but due to certain circumstances 3 years ago I started with symptoms of pain, tightness and discomfort down the entire sides of my body, except it is never on both sides at once. They swap over from side to side and it is constant. Both sides have different sensations. The left side it is a pressure type pain and feels like it is pulling, as I said all over the left side up into my head and face, even into my teeth. When it swaps to the right side it is a prickly tingly pain that is also tight. On which ever side it is on that day there is popping and cracking down that side. It can also bring on a migraine. My thoracic spine does feel quite tight and I crack it. I have had an EMG/nerve conduction studies also but the doctor hasn't seen the result as yet, as far as I know. It feels like my pain and discomfort is being radiated outwards, so basically what I am asking is has anyone heard of symptoms like these and/or whether the bulging discs are in fact what could be causing my symptoms?

Thanks

Sheena
Working...
X