Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand new member...scared, nervous, excited and just happy to find support!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new member...scared, nervous, excited and just happy to find support!!

Hi all! I googled a supportive forum for Scoliosis and found this. It's so comforting to find so many people that have this and all the support that's coming with it. Mine was found when I was 18, I went every year for x-rays and follow ups...after 10 years I finally found a good dr, Dr. Maguire in Knoxville, that wants to fix this. He is sending me to Dr. Horton in Atlanta to set up my surgery. I'm so afraid of needles and have to have 3 people in the room to keep me from passing out when they take my blood..is it safe to say that surgery has totally freaked me out??? But I am firm in my faith and know God will get me through. Anyways..just wanted to say hello to all and hope to learn a lot here! Have a blessed Sunday!
    Becky-29 New Market, TN
    Spinal Fusion 3/17/09
    T3 to L3-73 degree curve to a 20ish

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength

Hi Becky,

Welcome! I totally understand your nervousness. I found out in May that I was so bad off that I probably needed surgery and you could have knocked me over with a feather in that doctor's office. I am very nervous about any surgery too, but now I find myself wishing that I just needed any other kind of 'regular' surgery, you know, like a hysterectomy, or gall bladder or something common and easy. But this is what I was delt and I'll have to go through it. I know you'll be able to as well. You've got an advantage on me, which is almost 20 years. They tell me here that recovery is much easier when you are younger.

This is a very supportive place where you can ask any kind of question about the surgery. Believe me, I have throught up some doozies.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Becky, I wish you all the best in your surgery. It's natural to be nervous about the whole thing. You wouldn't be human if you had no feelings about it......so hang in there, and we will be sending you good vibes all the way.
      TIMING IS EVERYTHING!

Comment

Working...
      X