Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help??

Hi All,

I know this is a long shot, but we live in Perth, Australia and my daughter is due for surgery in November. Is there anyone else from Perth out there who would like to share their experiences. Our doctor is Mr Eamonn McCloskey - anyone heard of him??? I believe he is very good, but any personal experiences would be great.

I am nervous about the upcoming surgery and not sure what to expect, but my daughter seems to be coping better than I am. I just hope i can hold it together for her when the time comes closer.

Thanks heaps,

L & T
    Mum to Tahlia, aged 15. Fused from T2 - L3, 18/11/08.

Surgery in Perth

Kitty
    I understand you have spoken Del and she mentioned another family in Perth, well that is us.
    Our daughter Naomi had surgery on September 25 2007 and doing fantastic. Peter Woodland performed her surgery with Dr McCloskey, they work together on Scoliosis surgery. We postponed Naomi's surgery to ensure Dr McCloskey partnered Peter, believe us they are the best two in Oz and in the top 1/2 dozen in the world when it comes to this, believe me I've done so much research it hurts and willing to share.
    It is big and as parents, hard but we can help you through this as we did Del and Melinda in QLD. If we never had a family in the USA to help us we would have bene in trouble so we are only to happy to help.
    Please email us and we are happy to catch up, come and meet Naomi, by the way she is in year 8 and we live in Woodvale.
    Anyway email iudiljak@bigpond.net.au

Please we are happy to do what ever to help you through this, you need to see Naomi to see it works and its worth it as well as discuss pre-surgery and post operation.

Ivan & Vee

Comment

Hi Lisa & Talia,

Thanks so much for your response to my blog, (surgery soon, Ausmummy), we are a week out from our first operation. The 2nd will be done 2/9. It is still scary, in fact more so as it gets closer. Have faith in our girls and their doctors and I know we will be strong for them. It is just something we are capable of doing, I know I keep it together for Lauren, but I let go when alone!

I would love to keep you up to date with how it all went and will probably not get back to here until she is home from Hospital. Keep us in your thoughts, as you are now in mine. It is great to know that other mums know just how you feel. We are all here in spirit. Chin up.

Kellie

Comment

Contact

Hi Kitty
        Sent you a couple messages just need to see if you got them as I'm not sure if they went through?
        Ivan & Vee

Comment

Hi IVan,

Thank you i got your private message, but in case you see this first, I also sent you an email earlier.

Cheers,
          Lisa
          Mum to Tahlia, aged 15. Fused from T2 - L3, 18/11/08.

Comment

Kitty got it, talk on email from here on
            Ivan & Vee

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanvee View Post
              (snip)
              ... they are the best two in Oz and in the top 1/2 dozen in the world when it comes to this, believe me I've done so much research it hurts and willing to share.
              Is there a listing of the top pediatric orthopedists doing spinal fusion in Australia? In the world?

Can you share the list please? I'd like to see how they determined it. I'm guessing it's done based on complication rate?

Thanks.
              Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
              Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
              X