Before and After pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before and After pics

Hi everyone finally got a pic of my back now and one before. there is quite a big diff bigger then i thought, it is good if you can to get a pic of before and after and compare them side by side so you can see the diff in yourself, it certanly made me feel better about having it and cheered me up through the ruff times.. just look at the pics and remind yourself why you done and how much better it is now.
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ack/zoo021.jpg - BEFORE

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ckafter001.jpg - AFTER

Let me know if these links work i forgot how i done this last time
    Angela, 25 England.
    75 curve top of spine, and getting worse slowly.
    Surgery on 21st May 2008. T3-L4
    Op went well 20ish degree curve now.
    May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

wow...

wow...i am amazed. you had a good blessing happen to you. i can see that the surgery was a big success. so, what are the curves after the sugery?
    Valerie

Hi, my name is Valerie, but you can call me Val or V.
    I wore a Boston Brace from 2007-2010
    My curves were 30 and 31
    I now have only a single curve which stands at 35 degrees.
    I owe all of my blessings to The Lord!
    I am very thankful with where my spine is at right now.
    I want to meet some new people on this forum!
    Don't be shy...
    Feel free to message me if you would like to chat!

Comment

Wow Angela looking good!

How are you hanging in there? Over the tough days yet, or do you still have a few of those?

Brad
      Surgeries July 26th & August 3rd 1983 (12 years old)
      Still have 57 degree curve
      2 Harrington rods
      Luque method used
      Dr David Bradford
      Twin Cities Scoliosis Center
      Preop xray (with brace on)
      Postop xray

Comment

brad-
        my uncle philip thinks he has scoliosis.
        he says that sometimes it feels better to hunch over than to stand straight up, and he has very little back pain sometimes.
        he does alot of work around his house, like building things. it's really his hobby. i wonder if he really does have it or not. he says he might get it checked out soon.
        the other day we were at his house and he punched me in the stomach and said he forgot i had a brace, and that he wishes he would have had one! i told him he could have mine if he wants it! lol.
        i usually think in my mind that i would never say that, but i think that's because i actually have a brace now, and i wouldn't have to go all those years wondering when i'm an adult, because i actually experienced it.
        did you ever feel that way when you were younger?
        Valerie

Hi, my name is Valerie, but you can call me Val or V.
        I wore a Boston Brace from 2007-2010
        My curves were 30 and 31
        I now have only a single curve which stands at 35 degrees.
        I owe all of my blessings to The Lord!
        I am very thankful with where my spine is at right now.
        I want to meet some new people on this forum!
        Don't be shy...
        Feel free to message me if you would like to chat!

Comment

Amazing!

Angela-- what a wonderful set of before and after pics! Your new back looks so super!!! I'm so happy for you! Hugs, Susie
          71 and plugging along... but having some problems
          2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
          5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
          Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
          CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
          10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

WOW Angela!!! Your back looks incredible! I am so happy that the surgery worked out well for you.

I'm also curious what your curve measures now after the surgery.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
            Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
            Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
            Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
            Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Your photos visually demonstrate what this surgery can do for a body! AND, your scar looks a lot like mine at this phase. Angela, you and I had the same exact levels of surgery just one day apart. The thing is, I went through decades of pain to make the decision.

Thanks for sharing!!!
              Last edited by Ginger W.; 08-14-2008, 01:51 AM.
              Ginger Woolley

Oct 2018, L3 - S1, Anterior & Posterior, Dr Sigurd Berven, UCSF, San Francisco
              May 2008, T4 - L3, Dr. Ohenaba Boachie, Hospital for Special Surgery, NYC
              Sept 1967, T4 - T 11, without instrumentation, Dr Thomas Brown, Stanford

Comment

thanks for the all messages back my curve now is around 20 degree he said, but it is so hard to notice anything wrong with me of course other then the scar.

It did take me years of thinking if i wanted this or not in the end i thought about what would happen if i did nothing and just lived with it and the answer would be that it would get worse.

I never had a brace or anything because i wasnt diagnosed till 17 so the only option for me was the surgery.

Thanks again.
                Angela
                x
                Angela, 25 England.
                May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

Comment

Angela, what an incredible correction! You must be soooo happy!!! And many inches taller??? -- Lisa
                  Lisa, Portland, OR
                  49 y.o.
                  46 degree curve L1-L5, mild T curve
                  L5-S1 healthy, thankfully
                  Lumbar stenosis, osteoarthritis, lumbosacral sponsylosis
                  T11-L5 fusion 7/3/08

Comment

Hiya i dont think i am actully any taller although people have said i am i was never measured before or after the op, i might be an inch taller or something but nothing that is to noticble, i aint taller then my mum still, she is 5'4 i think im about 5'2 or 5'3 which was what i was before
                    Angela, 25 England.

Comment

Working...
                    X