PDA

View Full Version : Any Teenagers/Kids Here?

~ScoliosisGurl~
07-31-2008, 07:20 PM
There are so many adults and parents here. lol. any teenagers/kids here so i can talk to?

mariaf
07-31-2008, 09:22 PM
Of course you are more than welcome here - but if you are looking for other teens/kids to talk to have you checked out Spinekids?

~ScoliosisGurl~
07-31-2008, 09:23 PM
yes i am a member there aka. *skateboard_girl* and thanks for the welcoming!

Snoopy
08-01-2008, 06:53 AM
Like Maria said, all are welcome here. But most kids/teens don't stick around here very long because they tend to go to SpineKids. I think kids like SpineKids better than this site because we don't have sections to post about things other than Scoli related issues. I too am a member of SpineKids, but prefer this site for the very reason I mentioned above--we don't have a bunch of off topic stuff and we don't have people posting things just to get their rank increased.

Mary Lou

sparklegirl59
08-04-2008, 02:51 PM
(hay, scoliosisgurl, pm me. i'll give you my e-mail address) :)

Eleanor :)
08-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Yeahh, I'm fifteen.
I am a member of SpineKids, which I feel is alright, but I much prefer this forum. This one is far more on topic, and just a bit more mature and warm. :)

If anyone wants to talk to another teenager however, just PM me. :D

tillgurl
08-27-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm 17! :)

danceISlife
08-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Hi! I'm sixteen!
I'm also on SK (dAnCeR176).
I'm on those forums more often, but I do come on here too.
PM me if you want.

Kayle
10-22-2008, 08:59 PM
yeah i am 15

sariberri
10-23-2008, 12:49 AM
I'm 14 and a member of spinekids as well! (username sariberri on both spinekids and this one!)

I tend to reply to spinekids more though just because it is more kids/teenagers my age!

Rosebud9
02-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Hi don't worry I'm a kid you can talk to. And guess what I'm getting a boston brace so no worries. Write to You Soon!

bracegirl
03-13-2009, 03:18 PM
i think its funny how many adults post around in the section labeled "adolescent and teen patients (under 18)" I wish there was more space on this forum that parents didn't take over! i agree, that spinekids is nice but this forum is a bit more mature, which is why i like it better.

Snoopy
03-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Rebecca,

LOL. This section isn't for "only" teens and adolescents to use. It is simply a section designated for discussions about teens/adolescents who have Scoli. By having the forum broken down, by infantile, adolescent, adult, ect. it makes it easier for people to find others in their same situation.

Although everyone is welcome here, it tends to be more adults than anything else. Spinekids is geared more to kids/teens and the adults tend to post less there. It sort of balances out in the end so that everyone has a place where they feel comfortable.

Mary Lou

StephanieSmiles
03-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Yes! I'm 15 and brand new to this site since yesterday! And brand new to bracing (Boston thoracic) since Thursday :( Just wondering- how do you get a signature at the bottom of comments? :) thanks.

-Stephanie

SmileyGirl8
03-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Iam scared!

warriorgirl245
04-26-2009, 10:04 AM
hey, I am 10 almost 11, actually in a few months. I totally think there are way more parents online than teens/kids:D:D:D.Talk to you soon!

cmlsoccergirl
05-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Hey Im 14!! I just started using this website, so i dont really know what Im doing, but I would love to talk to someone around my age!

Does anyone know what PM is?? hmmm...
Ohh and i have a minor curve at 20, is anyone else like that?

Snoopy
05-19-2009, 08:05 AM
Soccergirl,

Welcome! Everone is welcome here, but sorry to say, this forum tends to be more adults than kids. There is a site similar to this one called SpineKids which tends to be more kids/teens than adults. You'll find a lot of kids your age there who understand what you are going through. You'll find that a lot of people visit both forums.

Mary Lou

iluvnickjonas94
02-14-2010, 04:36 AM
Yeah I know right? I think that all the teens should be together on here because we all get each other and what we have to go through, it is a whole different experience for a parent. For us we know that pain, embarrassment about the way we look, the braces, the surgeries. I want..need someone who knows what I am going through to talk to.

squid626
11-17-2010, 08:44 PM
dont be scared at all... i wore a brace for about 6 months,but i was in so much pain that when they took them off that i had progressed from a 50 degree to a 66 degree. long story short i am having surgery on dec 13th an ya im kinda scared.... i cried at school twice in 2 weeks.....:eek::D.... but take my advice, dont be scared, i just had my friend who was in the room unexpectedly comfort me.:)