3 months post op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 months post op

Hi everyone, I just saw my doctor on July 1st! Every thing looks good and I'm allowed to bend more and get into sports and such. I found out that those bumps on my back that I was so worried about are just the cross bars that brace the fusion so that it doesn't twist. Everyone has 2, it's just that because I'm skinny they stick out. The only thing that sucks is that one of them is right where my bra-strap is so it hurts sometimes >.<;;.

So! I'm working on getting back into shape, I'm hoping that I can convince myself to work hard so that I can help my highschool swim team make it to state this year, but we'll see. I swim butterfly in the 200 medley relay but that stroke scares me, I'm afraid I'm going to hurt my back with all of the required movements V.V. I got in the pool today for the second time and swam a 400, it's not much but I'm obviously waaay out of shape :3. I've also gone to the gym twice and even a kendo practice, that was lots of fun. I'm a bit scared about doing a lot of things, but hopefully I'll be less scared as time goes on.

My doctor said I could do basically everything except for roller coasters, sky diving, contact sports and all that jazz. So yay! ^.^

Thank you everyone for your help and support through this, and I wish everyone luck on their surgeries!
    Pre-Op:
    UT-35*. T-55*, L-30*
    16 year old girl
    Fusion- T5- T12 on March 17th 2008
    Post-OP:
    UT-27*, T/L-very straight : ]

Congratulations Sanah! That must feel really great, I hope you continually get better and get state. Don't be afraid to do what your doctor says is okay.
    Danielle
    14 Freshwoman
    December 1st got no head the boston brace
    Pre Brace Curves:18C 25T 30L
    In brace curves: (1/23/08) 16C 20T 22L
    In brace Curves: (5/21/08) 19C 19T 15L
    We're Bringing CURVY BACK

Comment

Originally posted by ElleBelleCurvz
      Congratulations Sanah! That must feel really great, I hope you continually get better and get state. Don't be afraid to do what your doctor says is okay.
      Thank you, I'll try my best : D. Good luck to you too!
      Pre-Op:
      UT-35*. T-55*, L-30*
      16 year old girl
      Fusion- T5- T12 on March 17th 2008
      Post-OP:
      UT-27*, T/L-very straight : ]

Comment

Thanks for Letting Us Know

Thx for the info on how you are doing. It is so heartwarming to hear how others are doing. I wish we could have a big post-scoliosis surgery party for all of you-us--....hang in there and whatever you do will be enough even if it isn't everything....remember, you are already a hero just for getting through this. Take good care of yourself!

Comment

My daughter also has a prominent cross bar that is just above her bra line. She too is very skinny and "feels" it sometimes. The surgeon said that if it really bothers her, they could remove it and it is just a day surgery to do so. However, he doesn't want to do anything with it right now and says that if she gains a little weight, she probably won't notice it.

I can see it sticking out under her skin but I always thought it was just part of her spine. I hope we never have to go back for even a day surgery...

Comment

Working...
          X