Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello all of you, I'm back from the apparently dead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all of you, I'm back from the apparently dead...

I have resurfaced from my dormant state to tell you have I have returned from my one year appt with the surgeon ( which I ran over a month late for it too, due to all kind of minor disasters) and they are thrilled with my results. I knew they would be, because I don't have any regular pain from my back. The scoliosis pain has been gone from the beginning, and the surgical pain, INCLUDING the weird leg pain is GONE!!! I have fallen 3 times in the past couple of months, and I have been sore as hell from that, but I don't think about my back all of the time like I used to. I LOVE MY BACK!!!! I never dreamed the day would come that I would be almost pain free and not have to take narcotics every day. I do have problems with Restless Leg Syndrome and that causes me terrible insomnia. From what I have been reading on the net, back surgery seems to aggravate that in susceptible folks, as does hormone replacement therapy and fibromyalgia. But, the doc put me on clonipin and zoloft day before yesterday, and I feel much better. It is awful to feel so jittery and have to get up and walk all of the time. I thought my legs felt like muscle pulls because i was walking too much, or not enough sometimes....So, those of you that need some encouragement, here it is...I send you my love and best wishes, and to tell you they are telling you the truth about the possibility of good results. I have had a very rocky personal life to deal with and have not started back to work or school yet, but I am excited, because NOW, I can start to see what is out there...I know I have missed a lot since I have been gone, but I hope you all are doing better. P.S. I did gain some weight, and it is okay with my doctors, but I stressed out over it.BUT, It actually cushions my back when I sit in a hard chair, I can sit any where, just not for long...God Bless and love to you all....
    Lisa age 47
    T curve 69 degrees
    L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
    fused to from T-3 to sacrum
    anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
    pushing hard in recovery !!

Hey, stranger...

Hi Lisa! It's wonderful to hear from you! I'm glad your appointment went well and you are feeling so good. Sorry about the RLS, but it sounds like maybe you've got a good thing going now. Thanks for sharing about having ups and downs in other areas too. Life goes on, doesn't it, whether it's the storybook version we'd prefer or into plots we'd just as soon not be having. The important thing is that you are dealing with it all and are coming out on top, with a great attitude to boot! Welcome back! Susie
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Hello

Hi!

I am new to the forum and was lifted to hear of your good news! Praise God you are out of pain! I only keep hoping that that day will come for me too...

I can empathize with you about RLS....I have been having a hard time myself over the past 5 years (it started about 5 years post-op).

Take care and enjoy life pain-free for the rest of us who are still waiting.....

Scolimich in Michigan
      age 26

Comment

Hi Lisa!! I'm glad to hear you're doing well! It's great being a whole year away from this thing, isn't it?!

Hope the rest of your life settles down too.
        Chris
        A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
        Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
        Post-op curve: 12 degrees
        Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Ptl!!

Yay for an excellent 1 year appointment result. That's the main thing.

My hubby went on Requip for restless legs for about a year, then seemed not to need it anymore. It would be wonderful if you "outgrew" your case, too.

Hugs,
          Tricia
          Posterior fusion T5-L1 May 5, 2003-age 43
          Posterior revision, thoracotomy,fusion T2-L2 April 8, 2008-age 49
          Fusion extension C1-L2 evacuation left pulmonary effusion May 9, 2008, age 49
          www.buggfamily.blogspot.com

Comment

Congratulations on the good report!! Isn't it wonderful not to have your back problems monopolize your mind now? I'm so happy for you that results are so good and i hope that other areas work themselves out to your satisfaction (or acceptance) soon. Hugs & may God bless!
            JoAnn

Comment

Lisa!

So glad to see you back - and doing well after *everything*. I often wondered about you, and it's great to hear you're enjoying life .

My daughter (and her dad) also have RLS: Mirapax works for her, Requip for him. Hope you can get that under control ... she (my daughter) tells me it's pretty miserable.

Check in more than every 6 months or so, would ya? LOL! You've been missed.

BIG hugs on where you are now ... I know you worked HARD to recover and stay positive!

Best regards,
              Pam
              Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
              AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
              Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
              Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
              EMAIL ME

Comment

Working...
              X