Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

Did anyone ever go to the doc with breathing and heart problems and been told that it is caused by scoliosis? I have been having above mentioned issues for the past 6 months and had a chest xray done. It showed my scolisis has progressed to worse then it was when I was a kid. (Which was almost corrected with a brace for years) Anyway, the doc said that my other issues could be caused by my spine angle pushing my heart out of wack..he thinks I should consider back surgery. Anyone else have symptoms like this?

I had experienced chest pains before my surgery(at this point I did not even know I would be having surgery) and went to the ER. I found out I had an irregular EKG but with further testing they decided it was normal for me. I had to have several tests done on my heart over the next couple of days and on the last test, they started to get very concerned and started asking lots more questions. It turned out that the pictures of my heart were showing other organs being pushed up against it and when I asked if it could have anything to do with my scoliosis nobody could give me a definite answer or they did not want to. Three weeks later, I was referred to a surgeon and have not had that type of pain since my surgery. I asked the surgeon about the organs being up against the heart and he said after the surgery they would all settle back to where they belong. Also please note my curve was not a severe one but I did have a sever side shift to the right that was causing a lot of problems. I hope this helps.
    Patty 51 years old
    Surgery May 23, 2007(43 Birthday)
    Posterior T3- L4
    Pre surgery curves
    T-53degrees
    L-38degrees
    and a severe side shift to the right.
    Post surgery curves
    Less than 10 degrees
    Surgery April, 2006
    C4 - C6

Comment

That sounds exactly like what I am going thru - about 4 months ago I had a ekg done when I went to the doc about the diziness - and it was all good then, they did one in the ER this last weekend and it was all good. Bloodwork was all good as well...but, they can't tell me why I am dizzy and have vertigo so terribly or why I have heart palpatations and pain...they want me to travel to have an MRI done. I live in SE Alaska where options are limited to me for health care. The xray did show that my spine is possiblt twisting so much as to put strain on my heart.

Comment

Working...
      X