Chi-Mama Update 07.01.08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chi-Mama Update 07.01.08

Talked to Susan last night and they're supposed to spring her today. It's amazing how much difference 2 days can make ... she has tons more energy now and sounds fantastic. She says she's been walking circles around the ward, and I have no doubt that's been a tremendous help. Before this surgery, I would have never believed how beneficial walking is ...

She's (obviously) looking forward to getting home to her own bed (I think most of us who've had surgery can relate). I'll probably continue to update for her a bit longer - she said she's started to post a few times, but just didn't have the energy to post the way she'd like.

I'll let everyone knows when she calls and lets me know she's home safely!

BTW, has anyone heard any news on Abbie? How about Sharshe?

Have a great day, all!
    Pam
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

Thanks Pam - its great to read regular updates - Susan sound like she is doing real fine. Pass on best wishes from an avid forum reader (newbie poster)!
    Like you I'm waiting for news of Abbie and Sharshe - hope everything is going smoothly for them.
    Thanks again. Louisse
    Diagnosed aged 17 thoracic curve of 40°/48? given brace worn for short time but was then told that I had stopped growing and it wasn’t likely to get worse. Follow ups ‘got lost in the system’ and I chose to ignore until age approx 33, after two children. Now nearly 42yrs curve was progressing (last xrays 67 degrees) and increasing 'backache' so surgery (posterior T3 - L1) went ahead beginning of September 2008 in UK - thoracic curve now approx 20° and I look a lot straighter!

Comment

Hi Guys, My sister finally sprung me from the rehab! So very good to be home.
      The staph really knocked it out of me, its has put me on a slower pace now But things are looking up, all 8 of my drains are gone now as well as 54 staples(they had to close me that way after opening me up again to clean me out) so that is a GREAT improvement! I also have a mini pump for the IV antibiotic(very nice, a lot more freedom). I'll give a better up date later. But I am happy I did it!
      Sharshe
      2 60* curves, DDD, left trunk shift, some rotation, rib and lumbar humps, annular tear at L5-S1
      surgery 5/08 planning fusion T3 or T4 to sacrum with iliac fixation
      Dr. Anderson at Rothman Institute
      5/16/08 ALIF L1-L5
      5/23/08 fused T2-sacrum w/fixation and I'm all Titanium
      6/4/08 open all back up to clean out for Staph infection
      (left open with just clear dressing)
      6/6/08 recleaned and closed
      3/30/2012 revision planned, broken rod and removal of iliac bolts

Comment

Yay, Sharon!

So good to hear from you ... you've been in my thoughts!!

Hugs,
        Pam
        Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
        AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
        Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
        Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
        EMAIL ME

Comment

Working...
        X