PDA

View Full Version : 1 year post!

SoonerSonia
06-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Hey Everyone! I am exactly 1 year post surgery today and I thought I'd check out the forum (which I spent many many hours on) and see how people are doing. My surgery went super well and today I have very little to show for it (except the super long scar and a little less flexibility). I feel great!

I know coming out of surgery is awful, and you sometimes feel like you'll never get better but just keep up with your PT and walk A LOT and you'll be fine! I am SO SO SO happy I got the surgery done. I am straighter (+ 1.25" in height) and I feel so much better. I am actually starting to train for a 1/2 marathon, too!

Anyway, keep up walking and POSITIVE thinking and you'll do great!! I don't regret my surgery for one day.

Take care,

Sonia

Susie*Bee
06-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Congratulations, Sonia, on making your one year milestone! It sounds like you are doing super! :D I know there are so many fresh out of surgery or still making it through their first year that will benefit from your encouraging post. Best wishes with your 1/2 marathon training!!! Keep up the hard work! :cool:

ladare
06-30-2008, 01:28 AM
A half-marathon! That's fantastic!!! Thank you for your words of encouragement - I'm going under the knife in 4 days...but I am remaining very optimistic, and I think it is in large part due to the wonderful people on this forum. Let us know when you have run the 1/2 marathon!
Lisa

Louisse
06-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Hi Sonia
It was great to read your positive post - thanks for sharing. For those of us still to have our surgery this is just the post we want to log on and read about on our ''doubful days'' that I am sure you will agree we all have.
Look forward to hearing all about your half marathon - are you running or walking it? All the best Louisse

abhbarry
06-30-2008, 10:07 AM
Congrats! 1 year is such a big deal and I hope you celebrate a lot!
Best,
Anya

debbei
06-30-2008, 10:22 AM
Wow!! You are an inspiration, and I am happy things worked out so well for you. Good luck with your training!