Where are our moderators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are our moderators?

We have spammers placing Samsung ringtone ads, iPhone ads, and the user profiles have been broken for weeks ...

Can we get an ETA on a fix to remove spam posts that have been out there for days (the Samsung one) to months (the iPhone one) - and when profiles can be updated?
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

Please report spam by clicking on the red emergency triangle in the upper right-hand corner of the offending post.
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Have you noticed all the x-rated screen names that register on this site?

They never seem to post so I'm guessing they are just registering to harvest email addresses? I don't list an email address partially for that reason.

I think some key word program might help that excludes screen names with x-rated material would be helpful though I don't know if it exists.

sharon
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Sharon-- I inquired about those "new members" awhile ago-- unfortunately those names show up in the first stage of their registration, but all new members are screened, and those ones are screened out before they actually have any access to the site. That is my understanding.
        71 and plugging along... but having some problems
        2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
        5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
        Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
        CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
        10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Susie*Bee, that is a relief!

Yikes.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Any information on the ability to update profiles?

Regards,
            Pam

VIEW MY X-RAYS
            EMAIL ME

Comment

Pam, Although I have the Moderator title, I have no ability to remove posts. I'm thinking it's not more difficult to report a post than to start a new thread complaining about the post. Can you explain what problem you're having with Profiles? They seem to be working fine for me.

Susie, you are correct. All new memberships are reviewed before being approved.

--Linda
              Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
              Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Pam, the program appears to error out when you try to save the profile changes but in fact it does update the profile.

I edited my profile a few days ago and thought it didn't work but in fact it did.

Try it... I bet it works. Here, I'll help you with the first change...

Change "TXmarinemom" to "Therealsparklegirl."

You're welcome!

sharon

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I'm not entirely sure I understand your tone about starting a thread - or what you're talking about, but *anyway* ...

The issue I am having (as are several others I KNOW) is when you try to update your signature, you get this message. It's been going on for several weeks.

And no, I haven't reported it to the "technical staff" because it's redundant when it claims to have already sent a message.

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                  EMAIL ME

Comment

Sharon, I can't get past the error. It comes up as soon as I click "User CP".

(and hardehar - LOL)

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                    EMAIL ME

Comment

Originally posted by txmarinemom
                      The issue I am having (as are several others I KNOW) is when you try to update your signature, you get this message. It's been going on for several weeks.
                      Yep,

The exact same error I get Pam.
                      ca-native (daughter had surgery)

Comment

I just tried to get in to my signature - and I got the same message as Pam and ca-native.

Also, there were some other technical problems last week - I kept getting e-mails about responses to threads I'd subscribed to - but rather than containing the text of the response, all the e-mails were completely blank. That problem seems to have been resolved, but now there's the problem with the signatures.

It does seem like in all the time I've been a member here, the moderators aren't as easy to get hold of - or as readily available to assist with a problem - as would be ideal.
                        Last edited by mariaf; 06-29-2008, 08:34 PM.
                        mariaf305@yahoo.com
                        Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
                        Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Okay I don't have a sig file so it sounds like there's a problem there.

But I definitely changed my profile successfully within the last few days after getting an error.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Seems I have replied to the wrong thread - see thread above for how to change profile, etc.

Basically use "Private messages" route to access User CP menu.

Laura
                            UK based Mum of Imogen, 38 degree curve at 9 years old. SpineCor since 15/6/07, 31 degrees in brace.
                            10th December 07 - 27 degrees, 23rd June 08 - 26 degrees, Feb 09 - 24 degrees, Aug 09 - 35 degrees, Jul 10 - 47 degrees, Dec 10 - 50+ degrees.
                            Surgery due to take place early December 2011 at the RNOH, England.

Comment

Joe or Linda - Help Please!

Originally posted by mariaf
                              I just tried to get in to my signature - and I got the same message as Pam and ca-native.

It does seem like in all the time I've been a member here, the moderators aren't as easy to get hold of - or as readily available to assist with a problem - as would be ideal.
                              I'm calling out to Linda Racine or Joe O'Brien:

The User CP has been broken for weeks and I cannot get to my profile *at all*. I cannot use the back door method suggested by Pooka1 via Private Messaging because I turned that option off awhile ago - since I can't receive PMs this application won't let me send them either. Here's the message: "You have turned off private messages. You may not view or send private messages until you turn them on by editing your profile". Well, I was trying to turn the PM option back on, but now I am completely blocked out of User CP by all known methods since the edit profile feature does not work and I can't PM.

I waited quite a while to even address this problem because the error screen said the Technical Staff was notified. However, after at least four weeks and no resolution, I then e-mailed someone via a link on the error screen but have heard no response from that person in over two weeks now.

Linda or Joe what are your suggestions??? Do I need to re-register under a new name or will this problem be resolved?

All I want to do is update my User CP - someone throw me a bone here!

Thanks in advance...
                              ca-native (daughter had surgery)

Comment

Working...
                              X