Wanting your photos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting your photos...

Hey all! It's me, the sappy dork, with a plea for pictures... I've been working on my scoli scrapbook (it's the old-fashioned "in hand" kind, not some digital computer jobby) and realized it would REALLY be incomplete without a page or two dedicated to the forum, for me to look back on when I am old and gray. Oh, that's right-- I am already old and gray! (Nice dye job, though, so I don't really look that half of it!)

I can always just write some of your forum names on the page, but it would be much nicer to have faces and/or x-rays-- whatever works for you. If you are interested in helping me with this somewhat silly endeavor, let me know and I'll send you my email or snail mail address.

I wouldn't ask, except so many of you mean so very much to me. My hubby just asked me the other day how I was going to survive when I go back to work and don't have time for the forum... he thought maybe my absence would make some of you wonder what had happened... I hope it works out to just cut back, and not disappear entirely! You mean too much to not visit from time to time! I have about 6 weeks left to continue being the busy body that I am! So don't expect a reprieve for a little while still. Love you guys! Susie
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

just a little addendum...

Thought I'd better explain, since I think I didn't say this very clearly (Who, Me???? )

To ME this isn't a silly endeavor, even if it might seem so to some of you... the forum bunch (and hence, YOU) have been a major part of my life ever since I joined in October. I've kind of put my heart and soul into it, whether that is wise or not, and you are all so much an important part of my scoli journey-- so I need to include you in my memories for "later on" in my life. You know, when the ol' brain cells don't conjure up good memories without visual aids...

I also truly hope to stay as active as I can, with time and energy constraints taken into account, for quite awhile to come.

Thank you, those of you who have PMd or emailed me a photo either since I posted this or in the past. May my great-great-grandchildren look at your pics/x-rays, funny names-- and realize what a special group this scoli family has been to me! You are terrific!

Corrected to 15°

Comment

[QUOTE=Susie*Bee]Hey all! It's me, the sappy dork

Hey Susie, hope you stay around for a good while, a lot of us will be needy of your encouragement in the days, months and year to come!

Sounds like a good idea the scrapbook, if I can figure it out I will try.
      Dolores A
      June 4, 2009 Anterior L3 - S1
      June 8, 2009 Posterior T4 - Pelvis
      Mark Agulnick, MD FAAOS
      NY Spine & Scoliosis Center

Comment

Yeah Right

Anyone wanting a pic of me is lookin to hang it in the garden! Just kiddin. Hey, it isn't silly, to each her/his own. My daughter made her mom a scrapbook and she loved it, I thought it was nice to. She put a lot of work in it as it was decorated in I guess the latest style. I certainly won't need one to remember cause I'd forget where I stowed it!
        Adious,
        Chris

Comment

Hi Susie Bee!
          I'd be honored to be added to your scrapbook. As soon as I figure out how to add pics to my computer (I'll make that my goal for the weekend!) I'll get it to you. Thank you for caring enough to ask!
          Becky, 46 years old
          Diagnosed at 13 with mild scoliosis
          Ignored until 448/07
          Left thoracic 49* T5-T11
          Right thorocolumbar 60* T11-L4
          Surgery Monday, June 9, 2008 Oklahoma Spine Hospital
          Fused T-10 to L-5
          14 titanium pedicle screws
          Corrected to approx. 10* YEA!!!
          Email

Comment

Dolores-- I will definitely be around-- probably just not as much as before.

myachingback-- don't worry-- I've already got some pics of you to pick from-- want the one of you with the wild hog or the humongous cat??? Or maybe the one of you and Cathy "dressed to the nines"? I hope one of those will be ok with you!

Becky-- I am the one who feels honored! There's always snailmail if you can't figure out sending pics on the computer. Just let me know.

Thanks so much!
            Last edited by Susie*Bee; 07-15-2008, 07:19 AM.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Hey Susie,

There are LOTS of photos on my blog site. A nice one will be going up TONIGHT. You can do a "save image as" if you right click on the photos.

http://gingerinrecovery.blogspot.com/

Love, Ginger from Utah
              Ginger Woolley

Oct 2018, L3 - S1, Anterior & Posterior, Dr Sigurd Berven, UCSF, San Francisco
              May 2008, T4 - L3, Dr. Ohenaba Boachie, Hospital for Special Surgery, NYC
              Sept 1967, T4 - T 11, without instrumentation, Dr Thomas Brown, Stanford

Comment

Have at 'em

If you want to do a right click and save as on any of the scoli pics on my blog you certainly have my permission and I would be honored =)
                Posterior fusion T5-L1 May 5, 2003-age 43
                Posterior revision, thoracotomy,fusion T2-L2 April 8, 2008-age 49
                Fusion extension C1-L2 evacuation left pulmonary effusion May 9, 2008, age 49
                www.buggfamily.blogspot.com

Comment

Thank You!!!

Ginger and Trish-- thanks so much! I am going to love having pics of you (and several others who have given me theirs) in my scrapbook! ANYONE else who wants to be in it, please let me know. The more, the merrier-- or at least more memories for me!

Corrected to 15°

Comment

If you'd like you can use my xrays that are linked in my sig. They ain't pretty, but you can use em if you'd like.

I'm still tryin gto get my mother to send me a 'before' pic. The problem is thats 25 years ago, so its a little hard to find. lol

Brad
                    Surgeries July 26th & August 3rd 1983 (12 years old)
                    Still have 57 degree curve
                    2 Harrington rods
                    Luque method used
                    Dr David Bradford
                    Twin Cities Scoliosis Center
                    Preop xray (with brace on)
                    Postop xray

Comment

Thanks again. You have no idea how nice it is to be able to associate a face with a name! Wish I'd done this a long time ago. Of course, there are still many missing faces, so if you are holding out-- there's still plenty of room in my scrapbook. I know one of the younger girls (Rosie?) said something about being able to "picture" people-- way last winter-- and posted a pic of herself. Anyway, it IS nice to visualize you forum friends!

But alas, (for all of us!) I started thinking how I was being pretty one-sided. My pics aren't very good, but I just added some anyway to my signature. Got a couple classy hospital shots in there since I've enjoyed some others' so much. Classic dress and hair, etc. Take care! Susie

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Awwwright! Nice to "see" you, Susie. Boy, you looked better than I did. This is great, to put faces with names.
                        Posterior fusion T5-L1 May 5, 2003-age 43
                        Posterior revision, thoracotomy,fusion T2-L2 April 8, 2008-age 49
                        Fusion extension C1-L2 evacuation left pulmonary effusion May 9, 2008, age 49
                        www.buggfamily.blogspot.com

Comment

SUSIE - you looked great at 3 months. Will you post some more recent photos?

As soon as I can figure out how to upload photos, I will. My son didn't take any pix while I was hospitalized, but I have a few when I was back home after my 2nd surgery.

These photos of hospital beds, tubes, equipment, etc. sure bring back memories - just when I had begun to blot them out!! But I am glad that they are posted so I can see what I probably looked like.
                          As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

Comment

Susie,

It's so nice to see you! You look wonderful in your 3 month picture. I'll look around for a picture of me; problem is, I hate all my photo's. Sigh...

And I don't have any of my xrays on the computer, only physical copies.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
                            Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
                            Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
                            Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
                            Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Trish, Janet, Debbe-- you are all so sweet! But yes, it is fun to put faces with names... I'm with you though, Debbe, in wishing my pics were better! The trouble with pics is that they freeze you so the true way you look doesn't come through with some of us. Right??? It's missing the nuances of who we really are through our movements, winks of the eye, ever-changing smile, etc. I've never been able to get the right look in a photo! (OK, guys, this is really rationalizing, I know, but it's also built on truth -- somehow!)

Trish, I do have a REALLY bad hospital pic, but didn't stick it in. Maybe someday... but that might scare some folks off! It's always good for a laugh when I look at it though.

Janet--yes, seeing others blog pics/video clips of their hospital stays seems to flood me with emotions too-- but also helps to build that sense of camaraderie -- we've all been through the same (or similar) war experience... long surgeries, hooked up to all kinds of monitors, tubes, etc., feeling lousy (and lookin' it too-- but not caring anyway!), beginning steps, etc. No fun at all. And we survived it all! It gets me to laughing when I think how long I probably went (I'm talking more than a couple days...) before one of the nurses said I really should try to brush my teeth. Horrors! But I didn't care. They probably didn't even suggest it till I started eating and drinking-- and that was Day 5. Oh well! I try not to think of that! I'd love to see some pics of you too! And can you send me one for the scrapbook? Pam had given me directions for doing pics in my signature, just before her surgery... they are pretty thorough and walk you through it. Unfortunately-- I am a ditz and it took me just about all day to upload the pics yesterday and get them into my signature. I would add my email address there too, but... I am already to the limit of the number of characters you can have there -- and don't want to eliminate anything else. I had to yesterday already, in order to add the link for the pics.

I'm due for a hair color job next week (and she's been on vacation, so it's really "past due") but I'll try to have a recent pic taken then... I did gain (unfortunately!!!) a little more weight over the holidays last winter, which I have tried, UNSUCCESSFULLY, to take off. (I got soooo excited about being home (= having the time) -- and all my kids were coming home, so I baked and baked and baked...) Never a good thing for me, as I gain weight easily, and who can say no altogether from freshly baked Christmas cookies, etc. I've invented two of my own cookie recipes, and of course, you have to try them out too-- and take another taste just to make sure... So I gave up baking in January and started dieting. I'm hoping the extra activity when I start back to work will help me. We'll see...

Debbe-- I don't have digital x-rays either-- my x-ray pics are just that-- pics I took of my x-rays, at the doctor's office. But I know Del (Aussiemom) just hung her daughter's up in a window and took pics that way. Of course, you could see a house across the street through them, but they were perfectly ok to see the x-ray itself too. Just not top notch quality...

So-- anyone wanting to send a pic to the cause (my scrapbook)-- just say so here or in a PM and I'll send you my email or snail mail address. Thanks again! Susie

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Working...
                              X