6 months post-op and starting PT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 months post-op and starting PT

I just started my PT last week. Between Pt and 2 vacations, a trip to Seattle (I can't wait to see if I set off any alarms at the airport) and Sedro Woolley,WA for my husband's 50th high school class reunion in 4 weeks and a week on Cape Cod,MA in August with our grandsons, I probably won't be posting as much as I would like. I will be checking in from time to time when I can to see how the June surgeries are doing, but if anyone wants to ask me specific questions (delores a) or anyone else, just PM me and I will be sure to respond. Take care everyone, have a wonderful summer, and thanks for all of your support. Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Hey, busy lady!!!

Sally-- I had to laugh when I read all you've got going! Enjoy yourself and let us know how you're doing from time to time. You're a real sweetie-- and so helpful too. Thanks for letting us know why you won't be around much. Take care! Susie
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Hi Sally,

How amazing, just writing about your adventures and physical therapy was encouraging enough for me! Have a wonderful time, take care of yourself. Thanks, I will pm you if I have any questions after my appointment on the 26th.
      Dolores A
      June 4, 2009 Anterior L3 - S1
      June 8, 2009 Posterior T4 - Pelvis
      Mark Agulnick, MD FAAOS
      NY Spine & Scoliosis Center

Comment

Yeah!

Hi Sally,

Glad to hear that you were finally able to start PT! Are you able to do the pool program? I really love my time in the 92 degree pool although I probably look more like Flipper than Esther Williams. I know you will be able to make some significant progress between your trips and vacation on the Cape.

Linda
        Linda
        Two-stage A/P fusion T6-S1 with lumbar implants June 12 & June 27, 2007 at age 57
        S curve 75+ degrees with kyphosis
        Now 45 degrees and standing 3 inches taller!
        Dr. Frank Rand, New England Baptist Hospital, Boston

Comment

I am starting with a land program because it is local, but I gave my therapist the water exercises to take a look at and let me know where I should start. I will do the water exercises on my own at my local health club pool when I have the time. Sally
          Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
          Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
          Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
          Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
          New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
          Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
          X